Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11 Pupdate

Puppies have been up playing, eating and are sacked out again. They don’t do anything halfway, either. Such cute not so little babies. They are starting to reliably poop after they eat so I am going to start arranging things to make it easier for them to housetrain. I think we’ll just continue trying to establish nice habits. They sort of have the idea about peeing in the potty area but sometimes they “miss.” When they do miss, they are standing in the right place but aiming in the wrong direction. Since they still only go in little amounts, it’s not hard to keep cleaned up. Jill usually races me for it, though. She’s still cleaning up after them – such a good mama dog but I’m glad she doesn’t give kisses like SammieDoodle.

Expecting more company this weekend but the guy who was supposed to come and take pictures with a good camera can’t now. I really hope he makes it before the babies are grown and leaving. It would be nice to have some good ones.

The Flip camera seems to work on my computer. I think I might need to get the cables out because the USB port it plugs into is too close to where my CAT 5 cable connects. I’m also a little uncomfortable with that thing hanging off the back of my computer. If it wasn’t such a pain to learn a new JAWS (I don’t even install the updates most of the time,) I wouldn’t dread thinking about a new computer so much. Anyway, I hope to get some video of the puppies – maybe even the occasional sighted person will take some for us. If Jack is around, it’ll sound like we are making x rated videos no matter who takes it.

Paper is now officially a favorite toy/food. They are very involved in “helping” me when I change out the (unprinted) newspaper. They also have figured out that it is quite fun to rip off a piece and play with it. Paper IS a food group to PWDs, after all.

We had a nice storm this evening but I didn’t take them outside for it. I didn’t have any of the ex pens around front and I only let them do storms on the porch. There should be more storms before they are ready to leave and this one was big enough to notice even from inside. It didn’t last long though.

PurpleBela scared me half to death this evening. I think she got her toe caught in the ex pen or something, she was squalling and Jill and I both went running. Of course, Jill tripped me on the way so I almost fell into the ex pen or tv – I was trying to aim more for the tv so nobody would get hurt (well nobody but me) but I managed not to fall all of the way down. When we got there, she had extricated herself and I couldn’t find any sign of anything hurting. I’ll keep checking her but she’s wrestling with the others again. She didn’t actually take any time off from that since it was nap time when she did it.

(dog) Cindi is coming tomorrow for a big day of playing with puppies (including possible lionization of the back half;) playing in the pond, doing toenails, and some grooming on the big dogs. Bruce is supposed to help me bring the boats back up to the pond tomorrow after he plays golf – no matter what. The boats are staying up here from now on – it always takes way too late into the spring/summer to get them back up to the pond.

Pink! is showing signs of becoming a climber and the pupsters are starting to stalk each other occasionally. Carolina Blue Devil really seems to enjoy this game right now. Sometimes they still hop at each other sideways like kittens but they are acting more and more like little dogs. I guess I need to decide when to take them up to the pond for their first real swim. I’ll keep you posted. Until then, I’m sending puppy breath thoughts…

No comments:

Post a Comment