Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10 Pupdate 5 Weeks Old Tonight

Puppies ate a nice big breakfast this morning. Jill fed them before she ate and then I fed them and they wallowed in it some and she cleaned it up (mostly) and topped them off.

We (the humans) spread out the load of river rocks this morning over plastic so I had to hose off the deck and the rocks. I still have to put some sort of edging in but at least we’ve cut down on the mud. And of course, I need to put the stepping stones back in so the dogs don’t have to walk in rocks. They just walk in the rocks to pee –it’s funny how all of the dogs – even young visiting dogs naturally try to stay on the stepping stones.

The pupsters had to wait a little while for me to drag everything back onto the deck for an outing. I am not putting them in the new rock until I spray it with bleach again. You never know where those rocks have been – smelled like they’ve been in the bottom of a river or something ;-) It’s pretty hot so it was an outing with their pool and a fan. I misted them with the hose and they seemed to enjoy that. The Brownies came toward it licking the water the whole time. They all came right up to the hose nozzle. I made it “rain” on them a few times too. Their pen area is completely under the ez up so I couldn’t make it rain on the roof and drip off onto them yet. There is plenty of time for all of that. They are only turning 5 weeks old tonight.

We had more visits for the list today - kids, too. The puppies were happy to see everyone.

I am going to post this a little early tonight as I need to work on backing up my computer just in case. More tomorrow…. when they are 5 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment