Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 19 Pupdate

The puppies were up at the crack of long before dawn this morning (in this case known as 5:10). I don’t intend to continue to encourage that behavior but I got up and took care of them then this am. I think perhaps they have been waking up then but have had the run of the whole ex pen area whereas last night, I closed them into a smaller sleep/potty space so they couldn’t play quietly in their room until a reasonable hour. We’ll see if they do better tomorrow am.

They’ve had a nice day of several trips to play outside which gave them some time to practice their problem solving skills. That’s a nice way of saying they are all working on escaping often. Pink figured out she needed to go up higher where the holes in the temporary fencing are bigger and did so to play in the burning bushes. The orange construction fencing I strung up to help contain them has become a plaything for them. They are developing into real PWDs.

I took them out early this am and they got to play in the cooler weather. It’s nice when we don’t have to spend so much of the time making sure they aren’t going to be too hot. They had a nice breakfast Al Fresco and ate really well. I am not even attempting portion control at this stage of the game - I just want them to eat their fill. They wander in and out having some bites but they rarely just stand there and eat and eat. They still nurse that way though.

My sister connected the video game system to our tv and the girls took turns exposing the puppies to that. The puppies seemed neither impressed nor distressed and slept through most of it. I think we’ll see if my nephew can be persuaded to play a loud boy type game for them.

We had a visit from Amy and Matt and took Salazar (their PWD) and the big dogs up to the pond for some water play and training after they spent some time with the puppies. Indy’s Cindi came over and played with us, too. They all watched the puppies while I washed our dogs. Purple decided that she was going under the decking so new barriers have been temporarily constructed. This must be Purple’s day to be the scout. I am pretty sure they have a schedule of the rotation but they keep it secret from us. If we knew whose turn it was, we could prepare ;-)

They didn’t eat all of their dinner. They were too busy mostly. They would come and eat some and then play a little and come back to eat more. I suspect they will make up for it at last call.

The puppies are all sleeping together in the crate for the most part. During the daytime though, you can almost always find on of them in the cat scratching post ring and another in the tunnel. It’s not the same puppy each time so maybe that’s part of the rotation as well.

We have another visit planned for tomorrow so I’d better get myself and the puppies ready for another day. Until tomorrow: Good night Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment