Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18 Pupdate

Another exciting day in puppyville. I was awake before 6 am again this morning. The puppies weren’t making any noise but I came down to take them out. There were a couple of poops before I got them outside but Jill took care of those for me. It was nice and cool at that time of the night (I refuse to pretend that a day starts at that hour) so they played and played. They came back in and had some breakfast and then JillyBean topped them off. That triggered their age related narcolepsy but a lot of things trigger that.

I put more videos on youtube today that Indy’s Cindi took last night. I still have at least a couple of them to put on and hopefully we will get some more tomorrow. Since they were about to go over the wall, it was time to do some remodeling of their ‘room.’

My sister watched the pupsters while I expanded their indoor world so here is her report:
I babysat the puppies in the back yard today while Cristi redid their indoor pen. And they ran all over the back yard. And 2 worked and worked until they figured out how to escape from the fence. They didn't go far before I caught them but it was like one held up the fence for the other to follow and escape too. ;-) I had to keep cooling them in water and cooling them in water. It took awhile but I finally got them all to nap on the wet blanket in front of the fan in the shade per Cristi's instructions. They are 6 weeks old now and I felt like I was on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 for awhile. ;-) At least the 3 big dogs had gone inside with Cristi.

We brought them back inside and put them in Jack’s crate while I finished up but 2 of them convinced Aunt Debra that they needed cuddled (Limey and Carolina Blue.) Cary wouldn’t settle down so she took him out to potty while I put Limey in the new room. He immediately went into the crate (other than going into Jack’s on a detour into their space, they haven’t seen a crate until now) and settled in to have a nap. Cary did have to pee so when he came back in, he went in there, too.

They’ve been awake and asleep a couple times since then and they are now all but one sleeping in that crate. The last puppy is sleeping in the doorway of the crate. I took a couple of pictures of the 4 asleep in Jack’s crate and some of them sleeping outside on the wet sheet in front of the fan while Debra was puppysitting. I’ll get them on Picasa soon.

Green Bela was doing the whimper dream thing during this evening’s nap and Carolina Blue got up and moved over to cuddle with her. They are pretty sweet to each other when they aren’t pulling on each others’ tails.

I was going to have people help me with a weight watchers meeting tonight but they have all gone to bed and I am headed there soon myself. I would try to do it myself since the pupkins are all sleepy but the scale is pretty loud. Maybe tomorrow. I do know that everybody keeps commenting on how much bigger they are than the last time they were here. I need to consult my list and see what surfaces we still need to have them on. Time is flying by, I’d hate for them to miss anything. But for now, we are all going to get some rest and rejuvenate for tomorrow. They like to have a good night for a pleasant tomorrow and they do seem to wake up very pleasant; ready to greet the day with a song and a smile. I’ll try to make tomorrow another good day for them and I’ll try to do a better job of reporting. Maybe I can get some of the company to do some guest blogging. Until tomorrow…. Nighty, nighty, nighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment