Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25 Pupdate

Thanks to Indy’s Cindi for posting an update this morning while I was having computer issues. I don’t know why it wouldn’t let me post yesterday but hopefully, it’s better now. That does remind me to warn ya’ll that we are taking the puppies to Columbus for CERFs and evaluations next Monday and Tuesday so I may not be able to post the blog until we get home. I know you’ll all just be lost without my daily ramblings about the puppies. Get yourself some fudgesicles to get you through a day or 2 without puppies ;-)

Big Big day here today. We got up and had our yard time while the maid cleaned up our room. Then we had a nice appetizer from the milk bar and then a healthy breakfast. After a healthy breakfast of meaty oatmeal (they prefer not to have a meal without meat. I think they may take after their mother,) we had baths like the big dogs. All of this in time to have a little nap before getting loaded into a crate in the car for a trip to the vet at 8am. Who’d have thunk I’d be up and accomplishing that much that early in the day?

They wore their new ‘big dog’ collars. Some of them aren’t even on the tightest fitting. Rotten puppies growing up like that. The puppies whined a little in the car but fortunately we didn’t have any potty accidents. We did have one puke on the way home but it was well contained by the towel so they didn’t need baths again.

They were a big hit at the vet office even though their little feet never hit the floor. Pink was a little nervous her 2nd time on the table but I held her a minute and she calmed back down. They were in and out and in and out for weights, exam, prep for chips, chips and then vaccine. I had printed off labels for each puppy to help things move along more smoothly so we were done in slightly over an hour. The vet saw some other patients while the puppies got were prepped for the chipping. Our vet has the spot shaved and scrubbed before inserting the chip. On the upside, they did get to see someone in a surgical mask - I hadn’t thought of that one but now I think maybe I’ll have Bruce wear the respirator for them.

We didn’t have time to try to find a policeman to stop us but we did pass a train and it blew it’s whistle. When we got home, Jack told them the story about when he took me on the train to Arlington, VA. They were duly impressed. Jill and Sammie were going to tell them their travels stories but the puppies needed naps. Maybe later ;-)

The puppies slept from the time we got home (10:30ish until almost 3 pm) and then had some goat milk after the trip outside to potty. They played some and went back to sleep before 4.

The vet could find both testicles in the normal position on all 3 boys. I’ve been finding them for a while but I like someone else to be able to do it, too (I think it might be a breeder thing.) When he looked at their bites, I said “teeth” because that’s what I tell them when I am messing around with their mouths. On the first one, he said ‘yes they have lots of teeth” so I explained it to him. By the last couple of puppies, he remembered to say “teeth” and they didn’t fight with him about looking at their bites.

The puppies had a picnic dinner tonight. They ate and played and ate some more and played some more and they pottied outside. They were generally good puppies until they found a way out. They’ve had some big fun inside where it’s cooler anyway. I guess they slept off anything that happened to them at the vet by now ;-) They are having a cage match worthy of one of those wrestling shows.

I don’t think I’ve said it today. They are AWFULLY cute puppies. Absolutely engaging to watch them play – Bruce is absorbed by it tonight, too. He’s narrating some for me so I actually know who is doing what. That’s a nice change but I enjoy it either way.

We’ll let you know what tomorrow brings.. tomorrow. Until then, sweet puppy breath to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment