Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1 Pupdate

Good morning, good morning the littlest dogs say. Unless they are sound asleep, they greet everybody happily. I was in the kitchen when Bruce went in the rubber room to take Jill out for last call and the puppies started talking to him, too. So very, very adorable.

This morning after I changed out their linens, I added a couple of new items into their play pen. Baby blue boy tried to climb in to the plastic mesh basket that I keep their toys in at night but their little feet can still go through so I moved him until I got it turned over. He moved on to something else but the brown girls were right there waiting. Green girl climbed onto it so I tried to take pictures. (I put them on Picasa.) After she got down (she had to chase her sister,) Limey gave it a go but didn’t quite get all of him on there before he needed to chase the Browns. I think they've all been on it by now.

The puppies do care whether the vtech piano toy is on or off. They prefer something to happen when they paw it or climb all over it. After a daytime meal, they were having playtime and Doodlebug went in to play with them. They were chasing her and pawing at her face and biting at her feet. She seems to like it and licks their faces as long as they (or we) will let her.
They aren’t trying to nurse on her, I guess she smells different enough that they know the difference. Jill went in to clean up some little messes while SammieDoodle was still there and several of them ran over to nurse on her. Smart little things.

They eat with determination, play with gusto and sleep like the dead. Occasionally, they make little groans and moans in their sleep and do some twitching. One of the puppies was working on a howl this morning but Jill ran over to check on him and he stopped.

I'm going to play with the puppies and get their pen ready for nighttime. Jill usually runs in to feed them again while I do that as if I am going to lock her out all night. She's such a good mother. Nighty, nighty, nighty.


No comments:

Post a Comment