Friday, July 2, 2010

July 1 Pupdate

Sorry this is late but I had a nasty headache I couldn’t shake last night. Cindi was going to guest blog for me but she apparently couldn’t get logged on.

The pupsters are 8 weeks old now. I can’t believe it. I don’t want to believe it. They are starting to show that they are growing up a little though. Jill and SammieDoodle are making them toe the line more and more and they are much more inquisitive and ready to explore.

Several times today. they looked like we routinely duct tape them up. I have been picking it out of their hair over and over. Where are they getting duct tape you ask, they are pulling it up from the seams on their floor. It’s the same color as the rubber but they found it anyway. Just more proof that they are indeed PWDs.

We took some of the puppies to the vet with Jack yesterday for a ridealong and to get cookies from the vet techs/vets. I left Limey and Purple in separate crates while we did that. They could still see each other but I am pretty sure they spent the time napping as they were still pretty quiet when Bruce got home and let them out into their area. I’m not sure what they were doing when we got home since Cindi let them out but I didn’t hear them fussing.

They had a nice picnic dinner and romp in the cooler evening air. (They weren’t cold Tamara – they weren’t even wet.) They did keep trying to get to one of the sprinkler heads (Bruce had been watering the yard) but eventually they were distracted by getting out of the fence. They started going through the gate so I had to put the little ex pen in front of that. They can climb over that so it has to be pushed very close to the gate. After that, they found the one spot along the burning bushes where we hadn’t put ex pen inside of the fence and climbed up and through. They stayed around the area but it was hard to keep up with all of them. Eventually, they started winding down and we brought them inside for the night. I had to go to try to deal with my headache so Bruce eventually did last call. I didn’t sing Happy birthday to them at their birth times but I think they’ve forgiven me. I didn’t hear them screaming about it and they were happy to see me this am (and I wasn’t even carrying the food bowl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment