Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 27 Pupdate

What a busy day with the cutest sweetest puppies in the world. They were very good to wait for me to come down to let them out this am. I had given them a bigger nighttime space since I knew I needed to wash my hair this am and I was exhausted. When I came down, we only had one poop and it was in the designated spot ;-) We immediately went outside and they pottied and played and I hurried in to provide their maid service. The best laid plans though… Bruce went outside via the front door to do something and that made Jilly give her little alarm bark. The puppies all go in their crate when she or Doodlebug sound the alarm. They decided they needed to come and get in the crate so I let them inside and put them in Jack’s crate while I finished up.

They had a nice nap and then we had company. We took them out front for the first time en masse loose. I did set up an ex pen but we let people help try to wrangle them. I think big fun was had by all even though it was horribly hot. We kept the puppies cool with the water hose and pool and we cooled ourselves off with the hose some, too.

When they were worn out, we took them back in the house and took Indy, Jack and Turley (Jill’s half sister) up to the pond for some retrieving. Jill and SammieDoodle stayed in the house because Jill isn’t all that accepting of other dogs while she has puppies and SammieDoodle and her brother are convinced that she is coming into heat. I don’t know if she’s faking or not but we aren’t taking any chances with them. Those 3 had quite a good time retrieving bumpers and balls from the water. I think the children enjoyed throwing the objects to be tretrieved as well.

After a nice nap, we put the puppies in Indy’s Cindi’s van and went gallivanting. They did a little fussing in the car for a while but then settled down for a nice quiet ride. They had their first temperament evaluation; they have another on Tuesday. I’m not giving any details of this one until after the other one just to make sure we don’t contaminate the findings of the second one.

We didn’t get home until almost 9pm and the puppies were very quiet on the way. They livened up when we got home and got them into the dog yard. We brought them in when they figured out that we had cannibalized some of the ex pen that was helping contain them. They like to fling themselves into the orange construction fencing that I strung to keep them from going through the bigger fencing. Most of the time they can sort of hang in it like it’s a puppy hammock but when they hit it just right, they can get under it. Debra is right, they are like those dinosaurs from Jurassic Park that constantly and systematically check the fences.

They had some bites (that’s code for eating around here –another holdover from my nephew and nieces) and then got really lively before they started sacking out. Now that we have them to bed, I think we’ll do the same.

Indy’s Cindi is staying here tonight so that we can get an early enough start tomorrow and so she can see them at their rowdy best very early in the morning. Maybe she can distract them enough to keep them outside while I clean their room. We shall see.

You may not hear from me until we get home from our trip to get CERFs and conformation/temperament evaluations. Imagine all of the productive things you will have to do since you don’t have this to waste your time… ;-) Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment