Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31 Pupdate

New pictures have been posted to Picasa thanks to our “village.” The puppies had a good long weekend and got lots of extra visitors and even met some kids.

I decided that it is highly unlikely that any of the puppies will need to be tube or bottle fed and decided to starting using the Esbilac powder that I had ‘just in case.” I will mix it into Jill’s food and their food when they start eating. Today, I mixed some up and put it into the puppy saucer to see how they did. They were all sleeping when I took it in there so I woke one up and put some on my finger to see if he would lick it off. Once he got a taste, he was all for it so I showed him where I was getting it and he climbed in to have some. I got another puppy and did the same thing with very similar results. The green girl woke up and got herself to the trough and started lapping it up. After that, I couldn’t really tell who was getting what but Cindi and LeeAnne took pictures. Jill decided that she was going to eat it too so some of the puppies decided to go for their regular fare. It sure smells awful. Jill and SammieDoodle cleaned them up and they tried to clean each other up, too. That was very cute even if it was messy. I suspect they will be starting in on some food before long.

They are getting much better at lurching around but when they climb up with their front feet, they don’t have a lot of balance.

Starting to make plans for surfaces and other environmental stimulation. It’s going to be time to take them outside before I know it so I need to plan, plan, plan. Jill has several locations scoped out for when we do take them out.

I’m tired so I’m going to go snuggle some puppies. Puppies breath to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment