Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24 pupdate

The cutest puppies just keep getting cuter. I think they are also starting to wonder when I am going to figure out the right way to play duck, duck, goose ;-)

They come over to the side of the box when I approach (when their mother doesn't distract them on the other side.) They seem to want to be petted and loved on. Of course, I never do that so I have no idea why they would think that's going to happen - oops, my nose is poking my computer screen ;-)

I have had Bruce try a couple of things with them today. I just had him go over to the side of the box to see if they would respond it him. They all woke up and clambered over to see him. What good puppies!

I also had him howl to see if he good get them to respond. He can get Jill to howl with him if I am not around (especially if I take the other dogs and not her) - if I am around she keeps showing him where I am as if she doesn't know why he'd be unhappy. But I digress. Since Phoenix's (Jill's daughter) owner said her last litter of puppies didn't bark but would howl, I wanted to see what they'd do. They gathered around and sat up and looked at him but didn't howl along.

They are otherwise plenty vocal though. They mouth on each other and grumble and bark while they are walking and interacting with each other. They are pretty quiet when they get cuddled.

We've got some tribble action going on again today. The baby blue boy is making tribble noises and then giving little barks right now. He made a circle and then climbed on top of the pile of black puppies. The brown girls are separate and the boys were piling up on top of Pink. Apparently, Baby blue boy was just too much and she crawled out from the bottom of the pile. This caused more tribble action from Baby Blue boy.

So far, even though this litter seems a little more vocal than her last one, nobody is a screamer (fortunately.) The yellow boy (whose name has been changed to protect his identity - they seal juvenile records after all) from the last litter consistently squealed screamed or hollered whenever he was not pleased. He started the night they were born and didn't stop until after he left for his new home (where he immediately turned over a new leaf.) You'll notice that none of the puppies have a yellow collar this time. I bought it but it was to be the last color used and we didn't need it, thank goodness. In spite of that, I still miss him though ;-)

The puppies have 2 toys in the box today. They have the airkong donut ring and a little stuffed bear toy. I gave them the bear; Jill gave them the other toy. They seem to like sleeping on both of them. I also switched so a woven throw instead of the usual sheet. It gives them a little better traction and since Jill doesn't have to be in there with them all of the time now, she won't get too hot with it.

I scheduled their CERF appts today. Since we have to go to Columbus for that and they only do it certain days each week, I needed to plan ahead for that.

I guess that's all for now. Sending cyber puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment