Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12 pupdate

The pupsters have had a very quiet day today. Of course, that makes me paranoid so I keep feeling to make sure they are breathing. I wonder if I will sleep even less tonight because they are quiet... Or maybe they've been saving it all up for a boisterous night.

I managed to get weights on all of them today but not all at the same time. The lime boy is the least cooperative and I think he is at the high end of my scales capabilities. Not a good combination to get it to tell me what he weighs. I may have to have Bruce weigh them with the fish scales unless I get results I am comfortable hearing with the bathroom scale (I've been using my kitchen scale.)

Anyway, the results of the weight watchers meetings are as follows:
Royal gained 2.3 oz; Pink gained 2.7 oz; Purple gained 2.1 oz (and is within .1oz of doubling in size); Babyblue gained 1.5 oz; Green gained 1.7 oz; and Lime gained 2.2 oz. We have just over 9 lbs of PWD puppies now. We started with just over 5 bs 6 days ago. Good job Jill and puppies.

Tomorrow night they will be a week old. Jill is apparently concerned again that we might not provide for the puppies (did she inherit the pound of prevention philosophy from me?) and is preparing alternate lodgings just in case. She did that with the last litter, too. She doesn't move the puppies or try to leave them; she just scouts out all of the potential locations when she goes out to walk the plank.

We had several big thunderstorms today. Too bad their little ears aren't open yet. I hope we can have a couple in June for 'environmental stimulation.' They got the vacuum cleaner run near them today but it's too early for that to do any good (for the puppies, it's good to have the floor clean, I guess.)

More tomorrow and until then, puppy breath to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment