Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27 Pupdate - 3 weeks old

Good morning, good morning the little dogs said! And they've been happy and healthy all day long. Firm believers in eat drinking and being merry, they are.


They spent a quiet night in their newly expanded world. I don't know whether Jill ended up in the pool or not but it was there. I put it in the corner and blocked off the sides so the pupsters couldn't get behind it and get stuck.


I put some new toys in the pen: they have encountered all of them but haven't really reacted. They just go on about their little doggie business. The girls have all been on the vtech music toy that Spencer sent to Sammie's litter. It makes all kinds of noise and sings songs and lights up. I think some pieces of it move as well. The purple encountered it first and just walked around on it. The green girl sat in front of it and growled and sang and barked at it. Eventually, the pink girl played it. She actually sat in front of it and pawed it and then watched. I think the boys rolled over it during one of their wrestling sessions but didn't react noticeably.


They are starting to chew on each other and my fingers with obvious intent. They still like to waller in my hair, too. Occasionally, one of them will try to pounce but they aren't very coordinated so they fall over or end up going sideways and get distracted by another puppy.


They are 3 weeks old tonight. That calls for a weight watchers meeting. I am going to try to make pawprints. I had such a tough time trying it early with the last litter that I was waiting until these were older. I hope they turn out nice. They have such cute little paws. I think I have the right colors of lipstick to use. That may work better than the non0toxic paint I tried last time. I've also considered using salt dough clay but I haven't made that in a long time. My sister and her family are coming tomorrow night - maybe I'll wait and let my neice and nephew help with that.



The weight watchers meeting was pretty difficult tonight. They weren't sleepy and apparently I picked the same time to weigh them that JillyBean decided to feed them. Anyway, here are the results such as they all: Royal and Green came in at 4 lbs each; BabyBlue and Limey at 4.2 and the Pink and Purple girls are petite at 3.8 or 3.6 depending on which of the readings you trust. Approximately 24 lbs of adorableness.



I have to increase Jill's calories again. Poor thing has to eat and eat and eat and she is already starting to lose weight again anyway. No wonder she cleans up after the puppies so well - she needs every calorie she can find ;) (She's not actually starving and she doesn't eat dog poo otherwise; thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do with a dog that did - not let it kiss me that's for certain.) I put a few extra pounds on her before we bred her since I know she does this, I wanted her to have a little cushion, too. She doesn't even eat all of the food that I leave in the pen for her at night but she does eat her midnight snack so she's probably too busy sleeping to eat again.



I need to go get the toys out of the pen and get them ready to go nighty, nighty, nighty. Another day without a nap. Things are going to start getting ugly soon if I don't get a nap because I'm not getting my 9 hours at night. I stayed up this am because the cable guy was coming to change our phone to cable. He was supposed to be here between 8 and noon so he got here at 11:30. Then I had stuff to do in the afternoon and didn't get a nap. I am going to try to go to bed early tonight.


Birthday Puppy cuddles to all from some awfully cute, sweet baby dogs.





No comments:

Post a Comment