Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26 Pupdate

Hello to all,
It's been quite a busy day here today. After a healthy breakfast and the required quiet time (during which Jill fed the pupsters,) I took all of the big dogs out for a little exercise followed by showers. Jill trotted along just like she hadn't been spending the last 3 weeks in the whelping box and the week before that waiting around a motel room. She was ready to come back in to check on her babies.

Since the puppies have each gotten out of the pool, I decided we better get the area ready for puppies to be out and about. I put the puppy pool in the dog room while my mother-in-law and I cleaned the rubber room (that's the dogs' gated community.) I cleaned the floor and Bruce and I put down plastic and extra layer of rubber floor for the puppies' expanded world. And not a moment too soon. While I was setting up the ex pen area, I went in to check on the dogs and puppies and Jill was laying beside the pool with 3 of the puppies busily nursing away. Fortunately, no one had made any messes for me to clean up in there (Jill cleans up but I still clean up after them so I like it contained.)

Eventually, we got it arranged and I carried the puppies into their new room. They immediately checked out the area - lurched around; wrestled a little and decided to hang out at the edge of the ex pen and talk to their Grandma. She didn't realize that they were trying to get her attention. Some of them were even pawing through the gaps. I can't believe how much they already foucs on people.

Cindi (dog Cindi) came over this evening and they were clambering all over to say Hi. They were happy to be picked up but fussed when they were traded in on another puppy.

I love their new area, now I can sit in there with the puppies and they can climb all over me. They are really starting to mouth on things and lick faces when they are picked up. Cute and sweet, what a combination! And they have puppy breath on top of it all. Can't be beat.


I need to put the pool in the pen so Jill will have someplace to get away from them if she wants to in the night. I don't think they can get in it yet. When they can we'll have to make other arrangements. Until then it's a veritable puppy utopia. Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment