Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers - even mothers of dogs. Jill is celebrating by being a really good dam. That's how she spends all of her days with puppies.

Sammie the Doodlebug is back home and begging to help with the puppies. So far, Jill hasn't taken her up on it but Sammie remains hopeful. Maybe she can help when they are running around with little needle teeth.

They all needed their toenails trimmed. I only did the nails on the front feet this time, though. I was closely supervised by Jill and Sammie. They didn't tell me what they thought of the job I did, obviously they aren't clicker trainers.

Tonight we will start Early Neurological Stimulation or Puppy Yoga. I'll be taking care of that before I call it a day. I expect resigned cooperation from the puppies and vigilant supervision from Jill.

Now for the results of todays weight watchers meeting: They still did some squiming but we got good readings on each puppy. All 3 boys now weigh over a pound each. The girls say that it's not nice to tell a lady's weight but I'm going to do that anyway. Pink and Green are closing in on a pound at 15.8 ounces each and the Purple pup is now 13.4 ounces. She's a determined eater - one of the few pictures I have on the Picasa page at this point is her sleeping (with another puppy on top of her) with the nipple still in her mouth.

They are noisy little eaters, I guess Jill doesn't start teaching table manners until later. I can't tell whether they are looking for a spot or just sucking really hard but like all puppy sounds, it's very sweet. Haven't smelled any puppy breath yet but I haven't checked vey closely yet. They might latch on to the end of my nose ;)

I may be closing in on the theme for the litter names. I like them to be phrases work with our kennel name - we pronounce the Allyn as All In. (For example, Sammie's registered name is Allyn the Drive.) Anyway I think we may use names that have Treat, Trick or Magic in them. I have a while to make the final decision since we don't have the litter registration yet. ;-)

Time for puppy yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment