Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19 pupdate

Big doings here today... eyes are starting to open on some of the puppies. Bruce could see it on BabyBlue Boy and I can feel it on several others.

Since my new talking scale (the good one that goes up to 8 lbs) hasn't even shipped yet (that is not a happy incident since I ordered it last Friday and it probably wouldn't have gotten shipped at all if I hadn't called,) we had to have another weight watchers meeting with the bathroom scale.
Results: We have 16 lbs of puppies. BabyBlue Boy is 3 lbs; Royal and Limey are somewhere between 2.8 and 3 (got varying results) and the girls are around 2.6 lbs each. Since we have the spreadsheet, we played fun with numbers and the purple girl wins with being 3.58 times her birth weight. Pink is the least only being 2.9 times her birth weight. I'd say they are all pretty healthy eaters.

The Green girl demonstrated her ability to bark today. They have to work up to it but they manage. They also seem to be able to hear some, when Jill took Jack's monkey paw (he let it get too close to her so she does the mean neighbor lady thing - it came in my yard so I'm keeping it) he barked to tell me she took his toy (Jack does NOT try to take things away from other dogs, even when it's his toy,) and the puppies started fussing. He wasn't near them either (Jill was napping outside the pen since they had been fed and cleaned and were sleeping.)

We have puppy yoga for a few more days and then I have to get ready for environmental stimulation and then at 4 weeks, they have to start meeting people -within my paranoid parameters of taking off shoes, washing hands and putting on smocks, etc. I can't beleive they'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow night. Jill's calorie count will have to go even higher!

Too bad I can't post puppy breath for all of you. I'll just have to sniff enough for everybody. Nighty, nighty, nighty say the little tick pupsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment