Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23

Today Jack, my PWD service dog guide turned 8 years old. I cannot believe he is 8. He doesn't either and spent the day in a blur of motion. He did a lot of retrieving and the puppies have been introduced to a monkey paw in the whelping box ;-)
It is also the 5th anniversary of getting Jill. We got her to play with Jack but she wasn't interested in that at all. So his 3rd birthday present turned out to not be so much for him. He hasn't complained and she really seems to like it here (she was 2 1/2 when we got her) so I guess PWD life is pretty good.

Cindi came by and we played with the puppies in between throwing Jack's toys. She took him and the 'old puppies' (Indy and SammieDoodlebug) up to the pond to play. I gave them showers when they returned and we dremeled toenails. The pupsters are still having theirs cut with people fingernail clippers - and that happened again today for them.

I think the puppies are starting to play with each other occasionally. They are not coordinated but they lurch around with a purpose. Sometimes that purpose is another puppy, sometimes they have to potty and usually it's to get to their mother to eat. They really like to eat.

None of them escaped from the box today so we haven't had to go on full lockdown yet ;-) I anticipate that happening soon though.

Have I mentioned that they are the cutest little things in existence? I can't keep going on about it though because it's Jack's birthday and therefore "It's all about Jack."

Puppy breath to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment