Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28 Pupdate

The world’s cutest little prisoners have had another big day being puppies. They’ve eaten and played and napped – several times in fact. They are doing well at moving away from the sleeping area to potty but at this point it’s just their preference, nothing trained. I’ll try to encourage it with the surfaces and then we’ll work more on training it. But since they are just 3 weeks old, we have plenty of time.

They absolutely love the vtech piano toy from Sammie’s litter. Jill even showed some interest in it yesterday. Bruce was watching the puppies play while he iced his shoulder and said they really got into it. I have heard it play more songs than I even knew it had. They have investigated the splunky water toy but it’s too big for them to pick up.

I think I feel little teeth way under their gums. They are mouthing a LOT more; on themselves, each other, our fingers. Very cute now, will not be nearly as pleasant when they get those little needle teeth. But it will still be cute. ;-)

Jill’s food can no longer be placed in the puppy pen. I’ve been putting it in there to minimize the mess since she isn’t eating in her crate for some of her meals. I heard an odd noise and Limey had his head in her bowl and was licking her raw food. My plan had been (unless they seemed like they needed more calories) to wait until they got teeth or she started puking for them. (Grossness alert – she regurgitates very digested food at first and progresses until she just warms it up for them. By the time they are 8 weeks old, if I don’t let her see me feed them, she’ll eat and then go puke it right up for them to eat.. Now you see why she needed some extra weight.)

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my washing machine? It’s new between this litter and the last and it is wonderfully handy. I can’t believe how much difference not having the agitator makes in extra room. It’s one of the HE ones but it is a top loader so I can soak as much as I want. It will soak for a couple of hours at least but I pause and then turn it off while it is soaking. Then I can throw more puppy linens in throughout the day and let it add more water (it has some kind of sensors) and then turn it off until it’s full. Even with the sensors, I have a serious aversion against running a partial load of laundry – it may not use as much water but it still takes electricity. Just one of my weird quirks. I’m the same about the dishwasher but that also requires more frequent unloading if you run it half full.

My sister and her family are to be here some time tonight. Puppies will get to see KIDS! Kids will get to see PUPPIES! Should be a win/win (or win/win/win.)


Puppy breath to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment