Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22 Pupdate

Another day with what have to be some of the cutest puppies on the face of the earth - I know, I say that with all of them but it's always true! I can't believe how fast they are growing. Tonight is the last night of puppy yoga (Early Neurological Stimulation.)

All eyes are open and everyone is getting around pretty well. They actually get up and walk away from where they were sleeping to go potty if Jill isn't making them go. She still cleans it up no matter where they go. Good girl she can do that as long as she wants.
Dog Cindi came over to visit with the puppies and big dogs this evening. She took some pictures which we will put on the Picasa site. She was amazed at how much they've changedand agrees that they are way too cute. SammieDoodle went home with her and Indy to have a play date. They can get a lot of exercise romping together and tomorrow we should get to take them out to play. One of us will stay with Jilly and the puppies so Jill doesn't feel neglected ;-)

Limey had today's milestone. He was the first one to get out of the whelping box. There are several others on their way so I definitely have to arrange things to prevent anybody getting out in the night. In a day or two, we'll do away with the boxes and save them until we use them outside with water.

We had a Weight Watchers meeting and the little Boogers (that's probably not a Boo name we want to use) have gained 3.6 lbs in the past 3 days. Each puppy gained 9.6 ounces which seems very strange but I guess if the scales aren't going to be really accurate at this level, it's not that big a deal. Pink and Purple weigh 3 lbs each; Green girl is 3.2; and the boys are neck and neck with Royal and Limey at 3.4; Baby Blue Boy is the biggest at 3.6. We have 14.5 MORE lbs o'puppies now than when they were born. I feed JillyBean and she feeds puppies. Guess we are both doing our job.

I made dog food for the big dogs today. Won't be long before I am making puppy gruel, too. I guess I'll need to start feeling for tooth development soon.

I think the puppies may recognize me now. I am not certain but will keep track to see if it continues. Imagine that, me tracking stuff the puppies do ;-) BTW there wasn't a 100% segregation of the brown girls from the other puppies but it did happen more than 70 % of the time. (I didn't set exact random times to check on them though. I just noted it when I did.) The percentage of time they ended up side by side while nursing is higher - almost 90.

I guess that's all for today. Nighty, nighty, nighty little pupper dogs. Sleep well. Still looking for a scratch and sniff site to post the puppy breath to the rest of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment