Friday, October 26, 2012

October 25, 2012 Pupdate

               This morning, Bruce fed the puppies (I fixed their dishes last night so he didn’t have to touch it) so I got to sort of sleep late.  It was lovely outside again so we spent several hours outside this afternoon. They had a picnic lunch and dinner and met 3 new people outside.  We even stayed outside until after it got dark so they’d get exposed to that.  (I didn’t have the last puppies out in the dark as much because it stayed daylight so long.)

               They played with a lot of toys and a lot of leaves outside.  The ball, one of the orange dummies (don’t tell Indy that the puppies played with his orange bumper), and the hose were big hits.  I made it rain on them a couple of times when it was nice and warm and they didn’t seem fazed by that.  They drank out of the bucket but mostly turned it over so I kept some water in the pool (where they spent the first weeks of their lives, it’s a multi tasker) and they’d climb in to get a drink/play.

               They are climbing onto things and going around obstacles that they can’t get over like smart little puppies.  They run through/over their own little obstacle courses that includes the little picnic table set and the slide (still on its side) and they move the things that are in their way if they possibly can (and they can move a lot of things – the ex pen and the big totes for soiled puppy linens for example.)  Smart, busy puppies – just the way I like them.

               All of the puppies have been looking up at things: the gates into the ex pen; the baby gate; the windows to the playhouse; whatever they encounter -  they look up.  It’s pretty cute but what do they do that is not?  I hung some things above their heads in the pen with the rope I use to make monkey paws and I tied the braided fleece tug with the bear bell on it to the side of the pen.

               They had another photo shoot this evening, the pictures wouldn’t fit on the Picasa site with the others so I put them on the one with another address.  The link is with the other one; the pictures 10/25/12 and after.  (https://picasaweb.google.com/100322780237163553881)

               You’d think with so much activity, I’d have more to write but I was outside with the puppies so much I didn’t write it throughout the day. 

               I had an impromptu weight watcher meeting (unrecorded, I was weighing them to get the dosages for the wormer): Bluehemoth is still the biggest at 7.8lbs closely followed by Pink at 7.6lbs.  Dyson weighed either 4.8 or 5 and everyone else was spread throughout.  I had to loosen a lot of collars today, too.

               Tomorrow, they will be 6 weeks old!  It’ll be another big day for them. Until then, we are going to say Nighty, nighty, nighty.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cristi! Just checked out the 10/25 pictures, they are so adorable! Makes me so happy to see their sweet faces! You do such an AWESOME job with updates and pictures, thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete