Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24, 2012 Pupdate

These puppies are certainly giving the vetch toy a workout.  How they can sleep on it while it constantly sings and moves and lights up is beyond me but I am v. v. glad that it has an off switch for when I want to sleep.

               We lost our 10 day streak of no pottying on the fleecy bedding yesterday.  But only sort of, the puppy had backed up to the ex pen and mostly pooped through it.  I don’t know if he/she (I didn’t check to see who it was, I was trying to get it cleaned up) knew that they MamaBug was behind the baby gate (Frances was just coming in) and couldn’t get in to clean it up or if it was just some fluke but I’m still happy with their progress for 5 week old puppies.

               While they were outside today, I planned to put up the barrier to keep them from going through the fencing but it was raining this morning so we didn’t get to go outside until their lunchtime.  They had a picnic; everybody pottied on the deck (I didn’t let them off the deck); then they had a big time play session with the little tykes playhouse, table and slide (I turned it over because they kept trying to climb on it but couldn’t get anywhere); then had a nap.  I cleaned their inside pen while Doodlebug stood guard over them and then I sat out there with them while they slept.  (The hawks were screaming while the puppies were playing and I’m not taking any chances because I think they are about the size of a rabbit right now.)  After they woke up, they played with the cardboard tunnel.  It was very free play, I just let them do whatever they wanted with it and didn’t keep track of who went through it but it was apparently an interesting object.

               They seemed a little disappointed to be back inside but I put out some different toys and hung some things on the side of the pen which amused them.  They are very quick at getting them down or pulling them the rest of the way through.  Another set of cage matches after dinner then a nap and it’s time to eat again and call it a day.  Time for me to sniff some more puppy breath and say Nighty, nighty, nighty.  Hopefully, it will be pretty enough to spend more time outside tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment