Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16, 2012 Pupdate


               Greetings from the puppy pen! 

               I think one of the puppies got Doodlebug’s tongue when she was washing his face but I am not certain.  I know they often lick back when she is licking their faces and I think her tongue got stretched beyond its normal range but I’m not certain.  We’ll have to see if it continues to happen.

               Behemoth had a needy morning yesterday.  He and Pink both wanted to be held so I traded them off with Bruce.  Pink went to sleep and let me put her back but Behemoth wanted to be held while he slept.  He kept waking up if I tried to put him down.  I eventually wrapped him in one of the blanky fleeces and then when he went to sleep, I kept him in it in the pen and eventually took my hand off and left.  That worked.

               This morning, the bucket is the favored toy, maybe because it is one of the ones that I take out overnight.  I also remove the crinkle tunnel (so I can sleep) and Movie (one of the courting presents from Triton.  It is a little brown furry wubba that scared me to death one night when it was with the puppies and it was stiff and not warm.  I’m not doing that to myself anymore) every night. Other toys get rotated in and out.

               I made them a little monkey paw out of some small rope since they seem so interested in Jack’s.  I am certain Jack’s is more valuable to them but they have played with this one, too.  It is so cute when they run around the pen with a toy in their mouth, tails up and wagging.  Sometimes they get grabbed by another puppy, sometimes they run into another puppy (or pile of puppies) but that seems to just add to the fun.

               I rearranged their area today and put in the future potty spot.  I remembered that it is better in the other corner so I will have to do some work getting them used to going there but at this point, every day they don’t potty on the sleeping spot is a good day.  Today is another day on their streak.  Smart puppies! 

Now it is time for the smart puppies and the big dogs and the humans to say nighty, nighty, nighty.  Right after I get another sniff of puppy breath…

No comments:

Post a Comment