Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, 2012 Pupdate

               Good morning,  good morning the little dogs said.  They were quite active this morning and ate their breakfast very well.  They ate every bit of it and licked the bowls clean so I gave them a little weak goat milk for dessert and they disposed of that as well.  After I changed out their linens, I went back to bed.  I didn’t think I’d be able to go to sleep at 9 in the morning but I did, and slept until the phone woke me up at 10:20ish.

               It was a gorgeous day and I spent part of it getting the ex pens ready for outside containment.  Frances came by to see the pupsters (and brought toys for them and cookies for me.)  It’ll be exciting when her Aerie (one of the sweetest Bullmastiffs I’ve ever had swimming in the pond) has puppies next spring.  Frances held each puppy and got to smell some puppy breath.  She was here when Camo did his impression of Indy.  He was the last one awake and kept fussing about it so I had him out with me and as he got tired, he wanted to lie down but couldn’t quite get comfortable with me on the ottoman.  I turned and put him in the chair and he acted like that’s what he had been waiting for his whole life.  I took some pictures with my phone after I was certain he wasn’t going to fall out if I moved away. Here’s one of the good ones:

 

They had a big time playing tonight.  Lots of wrestling with each other and toys.  Some growlies and lot so f smacking with paws.  Pink! and PandaPaws have been playing fort with the fleecy bed.  Apparently that game requires lots of barking, play bowing and stealing of the mouse toy.  I wasn’t close enough to see how they got the big ridge in the bed to be the dividing line but they worked on it quite a while (at least in puppytime.)

               I am going to take them outside onto the deck tomorrow afternoon to enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.  If they are like the rest of our dogs, they’ll love the cold but I worry about puppies outside for very long.  Of course, I worry about them when it’s hot too so I suspect worrying is the common denominator for me.

I really HOPE that the weather hangs on long enough to take them for a short swimming lesson in the pond Saturday.  If we have enough helpers to help keep the wet puppies warm, we can probably do it.  If the weather doesn’t cooperate, we’ll have to wait and do it in the pool.  The pool is certainly ok but it isn’t as easy for them to enter and exit on their own as the pond.

               All of the puppies know where the gates in and out of the pen are and stand up on their hind legs with their front feet and head in the opening.  I don’t think it will be very long before I will have to keep the gates closed so puppies don’t climb out.  I know I say (and type) it a lot but I cannot believe how fast they grow.  8 weeks isn’t nearly long enough.  I’m going to need lots and lots of Fudgesicles when they start leaving.  I don’t like to even think about it.  So I’ll stop thinking about it and go play with the puppies.

               Until tomorrow, Nighty, nighty, nighty to all, and puppy breath dreams to all.

 

 

Cristi Fogus Wetherholt

Allyn Portuguese Water Dogs – Structure, Temperament, Drive.ALL IN!

AKC Breeder of Merit

Barboursville, WV

www.AllynPWDs.com

Read the blog here: http://www.allynpwds.blogspot.com/

See the pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/111692502274643589419

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment