Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 22, 2012 Pupdate

               The puppies had a good weekend and enjoyed meeting more family and friends this weekend.  Turtle was full of herself and several of the puppies tug with me and at least Pink! tugged with Gale.

               They received a whole bunch of new toys which continue to be a big hit with the pupsters.  There is a big orange critter that they like to use as a pillow and a cat with an empty plastic bottle in it that they like to carry around and waller.

               This evening, we poured a little water in one of the feeding bowls to see if they were thirsty and somebody drank some and then Peppy picked the dish up and carried/dragged it 8 inches.  They did some playing in it as well but then he moved it around some more.  I’m not sure what that was about but I am surprised that they can already do that.

               The weather was nice and warm today and is supposed to be even better tomorrow so we may play outside on the deck a little.  We brought up 5 more ex pens so I can make puppy corrals.

               I finally figured out what’s up with the daily puppy who wants to be carried/played with while everyone else sleeps.  It’s not the same puppy each day but it is usually the same puppy throughout the day.  It seems to be the one who wakes up last in the wave, somehow they get a little out of sync with the other puppies so when every body else has gone back to sleep, they are lonely.  Sunday it was Bluehemoth so I carried him part of the time and then let him follow me as I did laundry, etc.  He got distracted by his Granddam once or twice but was good to find me and follow me.  Once, I called him from about 8 feet away and he came running to me but then within about 6 inches got sidetracked by a leaf that had blown in the back door with the big dogs or people coming in and out.

               This evening, I had the Big Brown boy out alone and he stayed with me nicely until his mother decided to go in to check on the other puppies so I put him back to get a quick drink.  Doodlebug is still cleaning up after them, gross but nice.  Go SammieDoodlebug.   They still have puppy breath but their poop now has a definite odor and it is not a pleasant one.  (Not bad like I need to worry about a disease, bad like poop.)  But the Bug usually gets in there an cleans it up quickly if we give her a chance.  She does often appear at the entrance of the pen right before one of them poops.  Jill did that with her puppies even after we’d have to keep the gate closed to prevent escapes.

               Tonight’s music selection was classical.  I am trying to make them well rounded but I’m not sure I’ll be able to stand playing some of that rap for them.  Maybe I’ll turn that on before I go outside to clean up dog poop and set up ex pens one day ;-)

               I have been emailing the posts because it is easier than trying to post them online.  If it has been formatting strangely, let me know and I’ll try to adjust it or go back to pasting it into the website.

               I think I forgot to post the results of the 5 week old weight watchers meeting.  We had 49.6 pounds of puppies. 6 puppies are over 5 lbs (2 were closing in on 6) and 4 were 4 lbs or more.  Bluehemoth was largest but Pink! was within 2/10ths of a pound of him so he may not hold the title forever.  They are nice strong little puppies, SammieDoodlebug and I must be doing a decent job giving them exercise, not to mention the workouts they give to each other.  They still sleep like little rag doll puppies, I suspect that will continue for quite some time but I do like to hold them when they do.

               Sorry I missed posting yesterday.  Hopefully, I’ll stay on schedule again now.  Nighty, nighty, nighty the puppy dogs say.

1 comment:

  1. no need to email posts to me - i go to your blog everyday - its in my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete