Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 13, 2012 Pupdate


               My goodness we’ve had a big, big day here today.  The puppies continue to enjoy eating puppy slop.  Today’s was made with formula and puppy food.  I want to introduce each new food separately to make sure I know what is going on with them.  It gives me something else to obsess about you know.  So far, I have managed to forestall any more offerings from the Doodlebug.  On the up side, this means I will be able to start reducing her calories before long.  That should make life a little easier but I’ll have to be feeding ten puppies so maybe not…  So far, she is still cleaning up after them.  I’ve heard some dams stop when they start eating but Jill didn’t and I’m hoping Doodlebug doesn’t either.

               The puppies got a good start towards meeting their 40 new people after 4 weeks.  6 new people came today including 2 little girls and a very tall man with a beard and mustache.  If only he’d worn a hat ;-)  We have more visits planned soon as well.

               The puppies wallowed in their slop so they had baths while we had people to help hold them wrapped in towels.  It takes a long time to cuddle 10 puppies to dry.  It’s another rough job but someone has to do it ;-)  We also changed their collars.

               After they were all dry we had a photo shoot and then another photo shoot while they were lionized (just their behinds, not their muzzles.)  There can’t be much cuter than puppies in little lion trims.  It was amazing how much hair there was to shave off of each one.  Puppy after puppy, everyone said either they didn’t think there would be much hair to take off of this one or we wouldn’t see much difference afterward and then a huge pile of hair was shaved off and they had little lion butts.  It wasn’t a careful job but it was a start.  A couple of them may be a little far forward but its hair and it’ll grow back.  They should dry faster after their baths now.

               They had some more puppy gruel and then watched the football game.  It was fairly loud but nobody yelled at either team.  I guess we’ll have to watch it again sometime ;-(

               We keep saying that we think these brown puppies are darker than Carrera and Bela were so I got the hair from their first haircuts and we compared it.  These puppies are indeed a lot darker. (And my tendency to compulsively save everything  has come in handy.  Not only did I have it but I could quickly get my hands on it, too so I’m not ready for an episode of hoarders yet.)

               Colleen and Bobby took a LOT of pictures so I put almost 180 on Picasa.  That had us almost to our limit so I also had to take delete the pictures of the JillyBoo babies.  I hope that leaves us enough room for more pictures of the babies.  If not, I might be able to add another link with one of our other addresses.

               I can’t remember what else I was going to type and I want to make sure I post this since yesterday’s didn’t get posted until tonight.   If it was important, I’ll add it to the next post.  For now, we are going to do last call, have some bites and go nighty, nighty, nighty.  Puppy breath dreams to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment