Monday, November 2, 2020

11/2/2020 Pupdate

The puppies were nice and quiet during the night.  I’m not sure why they aren’t noisy even when the PhoeMama goes in to feed/clean them or they play.  They certainly make enough noise during the daytime for those things.

When I began to get up, several of them came over to see me at the expen (at the gate area even).  When the MSU came down later, they came over to greet him.

Since everything went well with the food yesterday, we’ve gone ahead full steam with it today.  They didn’t need any reminding how to do it, etiher.  Now I’m helping their mama so she won’t have to turn every calorie she eats into feeding puppies.  She probably still won’t gain  but I’ll keep trying to limit her loss.  One benefit of the big dogs watching the puppies eat is they don’t feel the need to puke for them.

I held a weight watcher’s meeting today with some assistance from Deja and Phoebe.  I eventually managed to get close enough but I might try again with the visitors tomorrow.  Grandma LeAnne is coming to sit with the puppies while we go to vote (the early voting option would’ve been harder since LeAnne was out of town and it’s much further away than my precinct) so maybe we can do it afterward.   The one from today was close enough not to need to worry if we don’t.

This afternoon, Phoebe stood still for the puppies to nurse for their whole session.  They could all easily reach so they ate at the same time and they did it pretty quickly.   Given the speed they manage to eat the mush,  that’s not too surprising.  This evening, I rinsed the container I mixed and warmed their mush with goat milk and poured that into their dishes after they had mostly finished that and that was a big hit.  As always with puppies, there was a fair amount of wearing their food since they waller right into it some times.  It’s very messy but still awfully, awfully cute.

I’ve had an echo dot for quite a while but I took it out of the box and set it up for them.  So far, I’ve played various loud music and other forms of racket for them.  I’ll need to make sure I move it all around the room so they don’t think noises only come from one direction.  We continue to go through a variety of noisy/moving toys in addition to regular toys.  As usual, the puppies are happier about the noises than I am.  ;-)

They are still incredibly snuggly and cuddly.  While I’m certain I have mentioned that repeatedly, it bears repearting.  And I will probably be repeating it again in the future. I need to have some cuddles and make sure their midnight snack is ready before we go Nighty, Nighty, Nighty and send puppy breath to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment