Saturday, October 17, 2020

October 17, 2020 Pupdate: 2 Weeks Old!

I can’t believe the babies are 2 weeks old today!  They all have their eyes opening and they are doing some walking around like real (very little) dogs.  More often than not, they are more like drunken sailors though.  They make more sounds, too.  In addition to the singing and baby alligator in distress noise, they also purr, grrrr and occasionally bark.  They are more and more like little dogs every day.

Cindi discovered today that we have already ‘trained’ a chin rest in most of the puppies ;-). LeAnne teased that she didn’t know why they congregated at the ‘fence’ when she sat there.  I have NO idea, it coudn’t possibly be because I spend my days and nights cuddling and coddling them.  

While LeAnne took Deja and Caly for a small hill romp  and pre-rinse, Cindi guarded the puppies in the pool (they could easily go over the wall) and I renovated their pen to include the small potty pan.  Phoebe was interested in what was happening elsewhere until I carried a puppy away from the pool and then she told me clearly, she wanted it back.  I let her lick it and then she was ready to get back in and feed the puppies.  I thought we’d be able to do cheek swabs by now but Phoebe won’t let me have a puppy for an hour so we are still waiting.  

I bathed Caly and Deja while Phoebe tended to her babies like the good mama she is.  Eventually, we did the 2 week photo shoot (my contribution was setting up the props and then cuddling puppies after they were done.) After each puppy was done, LeAnne had to show it to Phoebe, Deja and SDB (Caly was in the crate because she wanted to play loud and rowdy with Deja) then handed it to me to cuddle.  It’s a rough life.  As we cuddled puppies, Deja reminded LeAnne that he is just a slightly older puppy and laid in her lap for a cuddle.  Pretty much anything I do with the puppies, he is very close by and he’s really interested every time I change the pen (he had to get in and check the potty area today).  I’m not sure whether he remembers the scents from when he was a baby or if he’s just nosy.  Or maybe a combination of things.

I had to loosen several collars again today and I tied FauxReal’s red collar on for her photos but it has already come untied again.  It must be the red rickrack. Good little puppies are growing nicely.  Puppy breath to all!  Nighty, nighty, nighty




No comments:

Post a Comment