Friday, October 23, 2020

10/23/20 Pupdate

Oh my goodness, they’ve gotten even cuter and sweeter (and possibly spoiled).  Today I made a conscious effort to pick up each  puppy while they were awake and soothe them to sleep. (Then I cut their nails while they slept). It’s not exactly a new thing, I just made sure I did it when they were still awake (but getting sleepy.).  I also like to pick them up when they are asleep and then lull them back to sleep.  

More and more playing today with me and each other.  I went to scoop up FauxSure (red) because she was ‘turtling’ while sleeping.  FauxPearls was apparently awake and saw me because she launched her little puppy self into my hand!  So I carried her around next.

The cage matches have begun.  They don’t last long but there is a lot of activity while they do.  They are actively lurching (they aren’t quite coordinated to really leap at this point) at one another while vocalizing and mouthing (does it count as biting when they don’t have teeth yet?). Today was that easy button in French and the blue light up ‘Charge’ button in addition to random stuffy toys provided by the mama. I put batteries in the various electronic (noisy/moving) toys today so I can start rotating them through tomorrow.

Progress is being made toward using the potty area, too.  They don’t always get all of the way there (occasionally only front feet are in it) and sometimes they get distracted on the way but they aren’t 3 weeks old yet so I’m pleased.  Have I mentioned that they are ADORABLE?  Nighty, nighty, nighty- Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment