Thursday, October 22, 2020

10/22/20 Pupdate

If you notice that I posted yesterday’s pupdate at 2 am, that’s not because the puppies woke me but I’d set an alarm to feed the PhoenoMama.  I had a little trouble going to sleep and then going back to sleep but the puppies were nice and quiet.  After she finsihed feeding the puppies about 5:30, Phoebe sat by me and demanded scratches (just right or she bitch slaps me).  Then she moved over to the couch annexed to the ottobenbed (finally, all 4 of them aren’t insisting on lying  on it with me the whole night) but apparently, she used that time to ‘hunt’ because she sounded the alarm about something she saw and the 3 younger dogs proceeded to bark and then go out the dog door to bark some more.  I think it was a cat judging by the cameras about that time.  The puppies sleep through that nonsense, too.  I should learn to be like a puppy ;-)

The puppies are getting more and more active during their awake times, well when they aren’t nursing.  I witnesses actual play between 2 different set of them more than once today (bitey mouth starts early in PWDs and it’s beyond ADORABLE!) and they are starting to mouth people, too.  I don’t think I feel any teeth coming in but it’s pretty early for that.

Today, I put the crinkly octopus toy in with them today and they are all over that.  So was their mama during several of the feeding sessions.  During one of them, I was sitting in the pen on the stool when she cam in to feed them.  Several of the puppies were using my foot as leverage to get a good position.

Aunt Cindi came by today before she went to set up for the FastCat trial. (Deja and Caly were entered - he’d have finished his title in the first run tomorrow but I just can’t risk it with puppies). She got to see the little monsters playing bitey mouth and attempting to come over the ferret fence.  They can get their elbows up and over and they are doing it with intent.  If they had little tin cups, they’d be rattling them on the bars ;-).  I guess I’ll be redoing their area again very soon.

I missed cuddling puppies during a zoom meeting for the Movers and Shakers PWD Club of the Carolina’s so I’m going to makeup for some of that now.  Nighty, nighty, nighty - puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment