Wednesday, October 28, 2020

10/28/20 Pupdate

I don’t know how they keep doing it but the pupsters are even cuter today than they were yesterday. They keep practicing so they are becoming more and more perfect. I got up and fed the big dogs breakfast and then went back to sleep for a little while. I didn’t get to sleep very much because there was a lot of animal activity in the yard and the dogs felt the need to call the alert. I keep neglecting to take naps so I’m pretty tired. I plan to lie down after I feed the big dogs dinner. It’s hard not to get sucked back into the puppy pen but I can play with them a few minutes after the midnight snack for the grown up dogs. The big news in the pen today is that Caly has decided that they aren’t too bad. Caly has historically NOT been interested in puppies. She was decent with hers but nothing like her SDB or Phoebe so it’s pretty interesting that she chose to interact with these puppies. Today, she kept getting into the pen with us and nobody was getting treats. The other big news is they are beginning to get TOOFERS! FauxSure has 2 tiny little sharp canines barely poking through and Fauxcus is working hard (on my fingers) on a couple in the premolar area. The others are generally just gumming on me and each other and probably won’t be far behind. Now I’m wondering if Caly was coming in to see if it was time to start hurling for the puppies. I’m going to be ready to start feeding the puppies in the next day or 2 - especially in case the big girls start hurling for them. It will be interesting (at least to me, I’m well aware that most people probably aren’t as fascinated by every little thing related to the puppies as I am) to see whether Deja joins in with the girls. Jack’s been our only dog when we had puppies and the only time he ever did it was when Jill had our first litter at home so he was around during the whelping and vomited for her. He didn’t do it for the puppies even when the bitches did. I’m going to feed the big dogs now and take the various noisy toys out of the puppy pen and go Nighty Nighty Nappy. Puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment