Monday, October 26, 2020

10/26/20 Pupdate

Hmmm, so much going on with the puppies today.  Aunt Cindi came to play and took some pictures.

I added the singing/dancing baseball player creature to the pen since the World series could possibly end tonight.  I also added a milk crate since they aren’t quite big enough to get in and out of the beverage tub.

We held a weight watcher’s meeting and except for one lacking 0.3 of an ounce - everybody is 3 lbs or more.  They can nurse while their Mama is standing now - but she doesn’t usually stand still for that.  They latch on when she is cleaning up but she doesn’t hold still for them to nurse then.  She lies down or sits when she wants to let them eat.

The big news, which has been occupying MUCH of my time, is that we FINALLY got the results of the DNA tests from VetGen (UC Davis) this evening.  Last Monday, right after the puppies nursed, Cindi took the big dogs other than SDB for a ride and I separated the puppies into different containers for an hour. Then we did 3 cheek swabs on each puppy and CIndi took them to the airport to overnight to California.  I was REALLY hoping to get the results  Friday so it was an extra long weekend for me.  We will still have to submit DNA to  AKC but they take much longer so I did this one.  Y’all should know by now that patience is not my strong suit.

I’ll try to do a better job reporting the happenings with the absolutely adorable puppies tomorrow.  Nighty, nighty, nighty - puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment