Friday, October 9, 2020

10/09/20 Pupdate

Good morning, good morning the little dogs say.  The big dogs said it too when I came downstairs this am.  The MSU took the night shift since he was up with his arm hurting anyway. I woke up several times but just texted to make sure everything was ok and went back to sleep. That doesn’t wake me as much as getting up and coming down to check.

Phoebe continues to be a really good mother to her puppies and e are getting accustomed to the routines.  During  linen change this am, she demonstrated that she knew the drill and was happy enough about the system by getting into the new pool before I finished putting the linens in it.  

When the dogs go outside to potty and we come back inside, they all check in on the puppies and she’s fine with that (yesterday, she wanted to get there before SammieDoodlebug). 

Pupsters have graduated to being able to find Phoebe and nurse while she sits up in the pool.  They’ve mastered the scrum and frequently sound like I’ve got a hive of bees.  I love hearing the noises puppies make.  And they’re starting to give me yawns when I gently rub their cheeks (so I can get a whiff of puppy breath). Phoebe still isn’t keen on me taking them out of the pool.  

Today I tried to convince her to sit with me on the ottobenbed while I held a puppy but she didn’t like that happening too long.  (She’s perfectly happy to use my opposable thumbs to take that opportunity to make them potty but not long after that, she wants the puppy put back.  I’m also welcome to hang out in with them in the pool.) She’s got the drill down for puppy yoga and is patient.  She watches me closely but she isn’t demanding that I return the puppy immediately.  

I’m going to weigh the puppies and get a few more snuggles before we all try to go Nighty nighty nighty.  Puppy breath to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment