Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Oct 6, 2020 Pupdate

Another day in the puppy pool.  And other than the time I am sleeping, we are pretty much all in the pool as Phoebe has OPINIONS about taking her puppies out.  I can barely accomplish puppy yoga - and I have to do everything except the wet cloth without actually takng the puppy out and she still grabs my arm with her paw and pulls it back.  Then she cleans each puppy very meticulously because, apparently, I’m getting her children dirty ;-). Pretty certain JillyBean and SammieDoodlebug didn’t do that.

I attempted a weight watcher’s meeting this evening.  It wasn’t wildly successful what with her OPINION (they are strong enought that all of the letter require upper case treatment) about me taking; Deja helping because Phoebe wasn’t happy and neither were the puppies; and then the talking scale decided first that it wasn’t going to work so I ordered replacements (talking scales are not available for next day delivery so I ordered a couple of baby scales that I might be able to get to work either with the apps or maybe get a picture that the screen reader can read for when the MSU isn’t around.  They are supposed to arrive Thursday.  4 of the puppies are over a pound and the others are very close plus I had to loosen everyone’s collar again so I think it’s safe to assume they are gaining.  I’d prefer the exact weight but I am TRYING to be reasonable (or as reasonable as someone who orders 2 baby scales immediately can be considered)

            Have I mentioned that these puppies are adorable?  You might as well get used to reading that.  It’s likely to be a recurring theme.  So adorable that I actually turned on my camera and included them for a few seconds in a Zoom meeting of our kennel club (I’ve never done that before and I am unlikely to continue the practice)

Phoebe went out to potty 3 times today.  Each of those time, I had to get the leash but didn’t actually put it on her.  She seemed happy enough to go (but that girl would attend the opening of an envelope, she’s excited to walk out to the vehicle and come right back inside as a general rule) but she hurried to potty and came right back into her babies.  She makes sure they are lined up just right and then arranges herself and gathers them in again.

I’d like to pick up a puppy and snuggle it but Phoebe is sleeping and that would likely wake her, the puppy, Deja and, possibly, the dead.  Everyone is VERY concerned with the babies. Deja did find one of the toys dog Cindi took to Cleveland for Phoebe and he played with it some.  Then we traded before it met an untimely demise - right now it doesn’t compare with her puppies but she still might not want to see if gutted (at least not when she can’t take part)

We’ve developed a system for changing the linens in the whelping pool that seems to satisfy all of us.  I get the new pool set up; drag the one she and the puppies are in out enough to put the new one behind and then transfer each puppy over and she follows.  Being me, I do manage to get a tiny snuggle and kiss in with each puppy on the way but Phoebe doesn’t brook much delay on my part.  She is the Mother, I am just here to help her.  She continues to be served her meals and drinks in the pool as befits her position ;-). As usual, I have puppies to cuddle so Nighty, nighty, nighty to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment