Sunday, October 11, 2020

10/11/20 Pupdate

Phoebe and the puppies had another good night.  It’s another riny fall day here but a the MSU said yesterday: the sun always shines on the puppy pool.  Little Red FauxSho was streaking again this morning when I came downstairs.  I’m not sure how she’s managing to get it untied but at least she’s easier to tell from the others.

I wanted to weigh everyone first thing this morning, it’s exciting to have a working scale again. I might start weighing the grown dogs, too since it goes up to 66 lbs.  Actually, I have 2 working scales right now and am trying to choose between them.  One of them is easier to tell when it is on/off, etc. because it beeps but the other one was more willing to record the low weights (although it is comaring it to humans and tells me that they are below weight for their age.) I figured out how to add multiple puppies (babies) in both of the apps as both work with VoiceOver so Yay for me (it’s almost like being a grown up).  Since I have to put the puppies in something anyway to keep them from escaping, I think I’ll keep the beeping scale and just subtract the weight of the milk crate from the number returned (they both have a tare button but this one then won’t acknowledge something as light as the puppies via bluetooth). SInce I use a spreadsheet anyway, it’s not too difficult to just add a formula for subtracting out the weight of the crate/blanket. 

I had to loosen everyone’s collar again today so I know they are growing even before holding the weight watcher’s meeting. It should come as no surprise that I still held the meeting.  

We have 10.85lbs of adorable little wavy cuteness.  2 have doubled their birth rate and 2 others are at 198% of theirs. Although she insists that we aren’t supposed to discuss a lady’s weight, Faux Real (red girl) is no longer the smallest (by 0.1 oz).  Even as I type, they are nursing away to grow, grow, grow like the good little puppies they are.  I haven’t sent the results to LeAnne yet so we don’t have a pretty graph to put in here today.

I’m preparing to sleep down here after the MSU goes back to the surgeon and gets released to return to work (hopefully, he’ll stop having the shooting pain going down into his hand) later this week.  I brought out a lamp and we are setting up a bulb that works on the wifi via an app.  We had a lot of lights, etc. automated on our old x-10 system many moons ago but it’s easier right now to use the bulbs that came with the robotic vacuum.  I LOVE that thing, I’ll have to make sure that the puppies see it running.  The one in the adjoining room is white and this one is black.  When I puppysat our friend’s GSD, she was fine with the one running out here (even when they inadvertently started it up under it’s protective trug) but she felt that one posed an imminent threat of a high level.  So I’ll make sure the puppies see both of them, running and just sitting.

I’m already getting antsy to do their little lion butts (I’ll wait a few more weeks but I think puppy lion butts are beyond adorable.). And that reminds me to start looking for puppy whiskers (spoiler alert, it’s too early for that, too).  While I love to do the little lion trim on the rear, I don’t like to do their faces because they never have whiskers again (even if I left them in the dreaded Schnauzer muzzle - in case you can’t tell by my description, I do NOT do that - their whiskers aren’t longer than the other hair) and it’s an adorable puppy thing to me.  I will use an electric toothbrush on their muzzles to simulate shaving since they’ll need to have that done throughout their lives.  Too bad Amazon can’t ship me some patience - preferably Prime next day delivery of course ;-)

Several of them don’t wait for me to stroke their cheek to yawn for me when I pick them up.  They usually quiet if they are fussing and I put my hand over/stroke them.  Additionally (I really like to start sentences with And, then I have to delete and retype to correct it), they have some really good puppy breath going.  Between that and their hive of bees sounds, there’s some serious adorableness going on here.

I’m going to do some more cuddling before it’s my bedtime.  Nighty, nighty, nighty and puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment