Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Oct 7 2020 Pupdate

Hello from the puppy pool.  I went to bed at 4 am (the MSU took over resting by the puppies so I could sleep) and when I came back down at 8:30 (I’d set my alarm for 9:30 so I could feed the big dogs but I woke up and my FOMO kicked in too much to go back to sleep.  That’s a problem with having puppies, there’s a lot of cute to miss at any given moment), Phoebe was lying on the floor outside the pool.  She even got a toy to parade for me.

Apparently, it is apparently Time to Renovate and prepare a potential new site by digging.  She has at least 2 REALLY good dens dug at Cindi’s house but we need one here too.  The MSU blocked off the dog door and the spots she’d started (mind you, she hadn’t left the pool unless I made her up until them) to try to limit her projects.  I’ve tried a couple of times today to set up a spot inside that she’ll be willing to dig instead.  So far, she’s chosen Deja’s crate more than any of the other options.

And in those few hours of sleep, all of the puppies’ collars got tight again so I guess they are growing. (I hope I have a working scale tomorrow, though.) 

Their little nails keep growing, too.  They always need clipped often, especially since we just tip them with the human nail clippers but I don’t usually have to do them IN the pool.  During one of Phoebe’s short forays out of the pool today,  I tried to clip their nails so while they slept.  I didn’t take them out of the pool or even pick them up, but that wasn’t good enough for their Mama.  She climbed back in and let everyone nurse so I only managed to clip the front nails of each puppy WHILE they nursed.  Moments after I finished, so did she.  I’ll swann she is still laughing at me. 

The puppies are getting really good at quickly swarming to Phoebe when she moves to the other side or comes back into the pool.  They are even fast after the linen changes.  Phoebe seems to approve the new system and waits in the new pool for me to hand her babies over now.  It’s nice to have the approval of the dog ;-). 

Now I’m going back to seeking the approval of the tiny ones again.  Even if they still prefer their Mama, they’re awfully cute and I need more puppy breath and snuggles before I go Nighty, nighty, nighty.  Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment