Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 8, 2016 One week old

And a Happy 9th birthday to Granddam SammieDoodlebug (and her littermates  Uncles Indy, Leo, and Tucker; Aunts Emma, Adelaide, and Maya) from our first litter of PWDs.  I can't believe they are 9 years old!

I started the Kefir brewing today.  Apparently, I am supposed to play it happy music or sing/talk to it.  I think I'll draw the line at that and contain my sweet talking to the MSU and PWDs ;-). Especially as stinky as it is (or it was last time.  I couldn't stand to keep it going after the puppies didn't need it any more.  I will try to freeze this set of grains when we are done but I'm not sure.)

Colleen came this morning for the one week old photo shoot and, other than the mama (and the mama's mama) photobombing whiile making sure that the puppies were ok, it went pretty well.  The pictures should be on facebook before too long.

The little ears (and I hope they stay relatively little ears) are working on opening.  While they were lying on their sides, everybody's ears were flopped up.  It was absolutely adorable, the ears are so tiny.

We had to change out the collars this evening.  A couple of the puppies were streaking because theirs were too tight so we changed them.  It won't be very long before they outgrow these.  I guess I need to order another set to leave full length.

I realize that I type this pretty much every day but they really are awfully cute.  And sweet.  And endearing.  They are also pretty strong.  I'm impressed by how well they can pull their whole bodies up with their front legs (and head).  And they will now attempt to nurse on human noses if said human happens to be sneaking a little puppy breath.  It's a fair trade ;-)

I think I'll go sneak a little again now.  Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment