Friday, April 15, 2016

April 15, 2016 Pupdate. 2 weeks old!

The pupsters are starting to get eyes!  LeAnne looked closely at them today and they are all getting little slits where their eyes will be and some of them are opening enough in the corner that you can see the little reflections/light/shininess.  I don't really know how to describe it for people with vision but it's not something I want to take close photos of because I don't want to take a chance on damaging developing eyes.

It's been a beautiful day here today.  We had the doors open most of the day - until it became so hot that i had to turn on the a/c.

Grand dam SammieDoodlebug went to play with 2 of her sons and HER Jeeremy today.  Mila didn't seem to miss her too badly so she is staying a couple of days.  It's been too long since SDB got to go play.  If Mila or I need help with the puppies, she can hurry back home but it seems to be under control at the moment.

We did their 2 week old photo shoot today - here is a preview:


 

I figured since Mila is convinced that those are 2 more of her babies (and babies that I will allow her to move and carry around), they should be included in the photoshoot.  

I held a partial weight watchers meeting early today on the 2 that I couldn't get good weights one.  I can't bring myself to record either partial result but I am confident that everyone is gaining nicely.  Since none of the second half of the collars fit anymore, and I've had to loosen the paracord ones I've made- plus they are strong little buggers, pretty certain they are thriving.  Hopefully, they will cooperate enough this evening to do a full meeting and record weights.

Obviously, my shcedule is way off so I figured I would post early rather than risk not posting today.

I 'slept' by the puppy pool last night.  Given that my schedule is somewhat skewed, I didn't even get sleepy until after 4 am.  And then, between the puppy noises and them crawling over the chickens, I woke up a lot.  So if I am even less coherent than usual, it's puppy brain.

And now for our regularly scheduled programming:  These puppies are VERY VERY cute.  Absoultely adorable.  And apparently, I have trained the raor well enough that it was difficult to get non-roaring pictures ;-). I love that.  Such good babies.  They have little eyebrows/eyelashes now in addition to the little whiskers.  And of course, the hair on their feet keeps getting longer (and more in the way of clipping toenails.)

I think I'll try to take a little nap while the pupsters, Mila and Jack are napping, too.  Puppy breath to all!








No comments:

Post a Comment