Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 26, 2016 Pupdate

We had a pretty quiet night. MamaMila fed the babies a couple of times and slept with me some of the time.  She alternated between cuddling with me and moving over to the couch when she'd get too warm.

After her 2 am feeding, Mila fed the puppies and they had abbreviated playtime with the few toys I leave in the sleepytime area.  They made it over to potty and then cuddled back up for some much needed rest.  Hey, it's hard work being THAT adorable and managing to find ways to be even more so.  I don't know how they do it, I'm exhausted just observing it each day.

Apparently, I need to update the cast of characters on the sidebar of the blog.  I've been incredibly lazy this time and type the post in Notes on my ipad and just email it to the blog.  At least 2 problems with that: 1 if there is a spellchecker in notes, I don't know where it is so I don't have to listen back through for typos and 2 I don't remember how to change those things.  I remember a note where I updated it last time and vaguely recall that it is somewhere in the template or such.  Maybe I'll get industrious and update it.  But don't wait for it with wormy breath.

Uncle Jack is a little stiff today (he'll be 14 in less than a month) and he's been playing a lot at night and sleeping during the day (he stays up with me) but I think I'll try to encourage him to stretch more, too.  It'd be nice if he stopped running into things but since the puppy pen is rather centrally located, that's easier said than done.

As of 3 am, our thunderstorm is MIA.  On the one hand, at least we didn't lose power again but I was all prepared for the pupsters to hear a good storm.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is a good time of year for storms so we will have some later.  I also just reminded myself that I was going to go to sleep after I did this feeding.  Perhaps, I should stop typing and work on that goal.

They had another adventurous day of sleeping and playing and eating.  Again, I neglected to take notes during the day so I'll have to do this from memory.  Mila was feeding the puppies at 6 am when Tamara came down to take over.  She had fed them a couple of times during hte night before that, too and they had been doing pretty well at making it over to the potty area.

Pooping is still a work in process especially when they are playing (they do pretty well during sleepy time though). Rome wasn't built in a day, it's a process, yada yada yada ;-). But they are making progress.

I brought out the Totofit roller thing today and we played with that a little.  I then put it between the wedge and the 'table'.  First I put the cooling mat on it but since none of them seemed to be too warm, we switched for the yoga mat.  The puppies had big fun climbing up and down and at least one of them used it as a launch to leap (as much as a puppy can leap).

During one of their naps, we put some of the items on the 'adventure box' and we'll put it in with them during the big awake time tomorrow.  I'm sure there will be some photo documentation ;-). I missed one of their playtimes today while the air conditioner repair man was here.  Fortunately, MamaMila didn't care about him being out there.  We did turn the music channel up before he came just in case.  What she has taken exception to is certain percussion on the music channel (a couple of different times on the Latin channel) and my reflection in one of the doors (thinking back, it may've coincided with percussion on the tv but I'm not certain).  She calmed down pretty quickly - much easier than Bela.

We had some heavy rains and some decent thunderstorms today but none of the dogs (big or little) reacted to that.

We had to have a double weight watchers meeting tonight.  We used the bathroom scale and then we re-weighed them on the kitchen scale so that we could compare the 2 (I may, perhaps, be a little OCD about things) and then go forward with using the bathroom scale in future days.  They are just too big to reasonably fit in a container that will go on the scale.

After the weight watchers meeting, I redid their linens while Tamara wrangled puppies.  One of the great pleasures of redoing the pen is that it's clean to lie down in there and have a cuddle with the pupsters.  I let Tamara take a turn, too.

I'm going to cuddle with the puppies and then feed and cuddle the big dogs and MAYBE nap beside them a little more tonight. Puppy breath to all!  Nighty, Nighty, Nighty


No comments:

Post a Comment