Sunday, April 24, 2016

April 23, 2016 Pupdate

Its been another adventurous day in the puppy pen today.  I ended up staying up all night working on catching up on the puppy laundry and redoing the puppy pen.  When I changed out the bedding, I expanded their area.  It will have some more expansion and tweaking in the next few weeks but it is mainly in the configuration it will remain for the next few weeks.

I expanded the width and the length but I set it up so that I can put up a divider (right now it is the ferret ex pen fencing that was the front barrier).  They are making great strides (bear in mind they are 3 week old puppies so heading in that direction when they need to go is a great stride) towards using the potty area.  At least 2 of them went there to poop today.  It was quite an impressive feat and we celebrated appropriately. 

We also started a box city for them.  Right now, they only have the one box but it will kind of habitrail with more.  So far, of 101 things to do in a box, none of them has been potty  ;-)(I'm sure it will happen though.)

New noisy and quiet toys have been added and the float line trainer attached to the side of the pen.  I assembled the 'adventure box' and LeAnne shopped for some new items to hang on it this year.  I'll still use the dangling PVC but I needed new pie pans and other noisy/obnoxious items.  Speaking of noisy and obnoxious items, we played the dog show CD twice today and mowed the grass in the dog yard.  I'm not certain they heard that that but better for them to get accustomed to it gradually, before too long, they'll be out on the deck during the mowing.

They were nice and sleepy (most of them) for the weight watchers meeting tonight.  There is always one (not the same one) slightly out of sync with the sleeping schedule each day.  Today, that puppy used the awake last time to attempt to play with other puppies, played with the float line and people, and sat beside the scale while the subsequent puppies were weighed.  It was one of the cutest thing EVER.  No interference but just sat there and occasionally waved at Tamara.  I must say it is MUCH easier to scribe than gather/weigh/record/switch puppy alone.  I do think I am going to have to find yet another larger container soon.  The new scale goes up to 11 lbs but I think their size, as opposed to their weight, will require utilitzing the bathroom scale.  It weighs in increments of 2/10ths of a lb but they'll be heavy enough that that's close enough for government work.

'Uncle Jack'  and MamaMila got showers and blown dry this afternoon, too.  They don't actually need to be blown dry every time but I think it's good for the puppies to expereince the dryer at a distance before they start havign turns.  It's almost time for the puppies to have their first real baths (towel drying not blow dryer), and little lion butts and trips outside (and cuddles, lots and lots of kisses and cuddles).  Oh, the places they will go!  It's exciting just to think about.  

I think tonight, I will lie down on the ottobenbed and SLEEP after I feed the big dogs.  This was a rather rough day for me, amazing how much difference sleeping from 4-6am makes a big difference in my day.  So Puppy Breath to All!  Nighty, Nighty, Nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment