Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12, 2016 Pupdate

I cannot believe how fast puppies grow.  Tamara went more than 24 hours without seeing them so it was even more noticeable for her. During puppy yoga, it is especialy obvious. During the part where I stick a qtip between toes, I commented on how big their little feet are getting (hey they are puppies, oxymorons are allowed.). There's also a certain heft to them during the other exercises.

Did the picture turn out the other day?  If that works, I might post more pictures in there (granted most of you see them when Tamara posts on facebook but she's going home for and agility trial for the weekend so from some point on Thursday through some time on Monday, I'm your only supplier (unless one of the Villagers can come and do it but our obedience club has a trial so they will probaby be pretty busy)

I don't know whether it is sleep deprivation or just puppy breath high but there are a lot of singing noises going both ways here,  They sing me the songs of their people (I only recognize the tune from their ancestors - and it is very surreal to me that I knew her granddam at this age just under 9 years ago) and I sing various versions of songs that things they do put into my head as earworms.  Today, it was the camp song about Swimming swimming in the swimming hole (changed to pool in this instance because they were doing various strokes in the puppy pool).  Hopefully, that one will now leave my head and go to one of you.

Hey Marti, the secret word today is puppytoes.  Remember that for the quiz ;-). You never know when it will be. 

I made adjustable collars for 3 of the puppies today from paracord.  I only had the right colors for 3 of them.  I ordered new velcro collars and more paracord in, hopefully, the correct colors.  I'm not sure when the paracord will arrive but I should have the others Thursday. 

Weight watchers meeting went well.  I can't seem to get Numbers to cooperate with me and Voiceover so I'm not having as much Fun with Numbers.  I sent it to excel and started working on some of the things the geek in me likes to know (like cumulative increase, % increases, total lbs of puppy, etc.). Today Witch Hazel squeaked past Phlox (the Wild is implied) by one tenth of an ounce.

There is a lot of sleep barking happening in there right now.  It sounds like those little mechanical dogs that barked a few times and then did a flip.  So far, they don't do flips but I wouldn't put it past them to start something like that soon.

I need to go move the laundry to the dryer - Mila will only clean up the poop if she makes it happen.  If they go when she isn't already licking them, she completely ignores it.  So I changed their bedding 2 extra times today due to some less than carpet grade poop (if you aren't new to the blog or dogs, you'll realize that talking about the dogs' poop is a very common topic of discussion).  I'm not sure how often puppies this age actually have carpet grade poop because Jill, SammieDoodlebug and Bela aways cleaned it up but they seem fine so other than extra laundry (and puppies are pretty much constant laundry anyway), it's ok.

Puppy breath to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment