Thursday, April 7, 2016

April 7, 2016 Pupdate

We started off the day with a visit for MamaMila from the vet.  It was just a followup to make sure everything was healing as it should.  She's been doing fine and the vet confirmed that as well.  While she was here, she admired the puppies ;-). 

Since that happened during my 'shift' of sleeping, (Tamara comes down and takes over at 4 am and I try to sleep until about 10 but since I prefer the vet to come before any other visits to limit the chance of exposing the puppies to anything, I had to get up before 8 today.  I tried to go back to sleep afterward but was not successful), I've been a little tired today.  I did manage to go to sleep for an hour and a half this evening but I'm still a little off.  It's just another perk of having puppies.  Even when you think you want to sleep, you can't tear yourself away from the puppy pool.

I THINK Mila MIGHT be starting to do some of the poop cleaning.  They haven't been going much when we stimulate them and she is licking them more thoroughly so perhaps...  They don't have any signs of constipation and they are definitely eating so something must be happening.

A couple of the puppies were actually cooperative during the weight watchers meeting tonight.  Tamara mentioned that she should take a picture but we were weighing them on the grooming table and Mila was interested in what was happening so we didn't risk it.  You'll just have to take our word for it.

They were pretty quiet through puppy yoga tonight too.  They do attempt to move off of the cold washcloth but they don't squeal and the time is up before they actually manage it.

We've loosened a lot of collars again today and Tamara has taken more pictures (they are on facebook and I am tagged).  I occasionally take some but iffen oten says they are blurry or dark.  I've been told by sighted people it's hard to get good pictures of black dogs so I'll just be pleased that some of them turn out ok ;-)

Their little ears are starting to stick up, so they are definitely on their way to opening.  It's exciting when their ears and eyes start opening (granted I find the whole process fascinating, that's part of why I don't do anything else when we have puppies.)

Off to cuddle a few more puppies between now and 4am.  Puppy breath to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment