Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 13, 2016 Pupdate

Oh, the glamourous life of being a breeder.  Mila has decided that she only cleans up poop if SHE makes it happen.  If they start without her, or they go without her, it's someone else's job (I wish her mother were willing to help - she was great with her own puppies and waited in the wings in case Bela needed help but she lets Mila be in charge of her own puppies).  So from 10 -3:20, I've had to change bedding 4 times (not to mention spot cleaning in between) and finally gave the puppies sponges baths.  One of them promptly pooped on another one.  I'm withholding names ot protect the innocent ;-). Amazingly enough, they are still adorable.  

They are still gaining weight steadily and requiring collar adjustments.  And they will swarm my foot in the puppy pool, not just my face/hands.  It's really sweet to put a hand down there and have a puppy appear in it.  That's quite a magic trick.  And makes up for cleaning a lot of poop.

I'm going to cuddle some puppies again before anyone is covered in poop again - at least none of them have pooped on me ;-). It's getting close ot my bedtime so Puppy breath to all


No comments:

Post a Comment