Friday, August 1, 2014

Aug 1, 2014 Pupdate

               The pupsters spent the day being cute and cuddly and eating and sleeping.  They still need the Mama to stimulate them to potty and she likes to do that when I pick them up.  If I don’t, she’ll just flip them over despite their protests.

               I think one of them did a little mini bark today.  The mamas were barking at something they perceived to be outside and a puppy was making a very similar noiselette.  I couldn’t quite figure out which one as the old girls were much louder and it didn’t last long.

               They are being adorable little monsters and refusing to cooperate with the scale.  However, every one of them is now big enough to wear a cat collar.  And not all of them are on the tightest setting.  I can’t believe the nerve of them growing like that.  I am preparing myself for the leaving of the box.  It’s inevitable but so far no one has flopped over the top of Sammie’s back yet.

               I’m getting lots of puppy breath opportunities, they are pretty good to open wide when I am snuggling.  There are occasions when I have to cuddle with one of the big dogs but I can usually do that with a puppy in one hand.

               The puppies are MUCH better at getting in their naps than I am.  Therefore, I am already exhausted.  I should NOT know from firsthand experience that it is daylight at 6am.  It’s not that the puppies or big dogs are bothering me, I just wake up at least hourly and then I realize that the Mama needs some bites if we are going to keep her growing those puppies (at an alarming rate I might add.) And once I get up, I can’t stand my bed in the floor and I am awake and up for the remainder of the day.  Maybe it’s the puppy breath since I’ve been off caffeine for 10 years.

               I think I will get the old dogs last call bites ready and set and alarm to get up and feed them.  I planned to steam the floor in the am and maybe set up the puppy floor area but I am vacillating on that one for right now.

               I realized another reason that my whelping pool system is best for me.  When I am lying there in the night and a puppy is crying on the other side of the pool, I just turn it around without having to get up.  Kind of like a really slow wheel of puppies ;-)  That’s possibly one of the best games ever.

               I can’t believe they are already big enough for cat collars!  (I’ve never used them before so maybe this isn’t that early but it seems ridiculous that out ‘tiny’ (cough, cough) babies are already wearing collars.  Maybe I should’ve just put the Velcro ones on them but they end up pulling them off of each other as I recall.

               I’m working on my plans for crates as furniture.  I know you can buy crates like that but I am worried about being able to get them clean.  For a variety of reasons  (the lack of usable vision being one of them, not liking to clean being another) I want to be able to take the crate part all of the way out and clean it thoroughly and wipe out the inside of the table part.  So that involves ‘engineering’ my own and getting them made.  I have enlisted some of the villagers in rendering opinions about what I think I want.  Hopefully, it won’t take too long before I move on to the creation phase but I still don’t have the ottoman bed that I planned with previous litters in production yet ;-)  I apparently have patience about some things.  Since I don’t actually need to change my crates for the puppies, it isn’t a priority though.

               Not like sniffing some more puppy breath and saying Nighty, nighty, nighty…

No comments:

Post a Comment