Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31, 2014 Pupdate

Hmmm, what happened today?  It’s always better if I take notes or write the post throughout the day.  Obviously, I did not do that today or we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

               The pupsters are all still alive and well.  The old dogs are all now clean again.  They usually get a LOT more baths than while we have puppies (and they get more chances to earn those baths by going back on the hill and swimming in the pond.  Since I don’t leave puppies alone, we don’t go play unless there is someone else responsible here to watch them.  I’m hoping the MSU gets home from work in time tonight for me to wash MY hair.

               I took SDB’s stitches out this morning so she got a shower today as well.  I put the puppies in a beverage tote and carried them into the laundry room (shower I use for the dogs is in bathroom in there) so she wouldn’t have to worry about them. I also did it right after she had fed everyone so I knew they were ok and she knew they were as well.  I got her nice and clean and used the force dryer to get a lot of the water off.  A few minutes outside helped with the wet feet (those feet sure hold a lot of water, I suspect we need to trim between her pads) but she was in a hurry to have the puppies back where they belonged.  She topped them off when I put them back.  Then I suffered through the afternoon without a/c so they wouldn’t be chilled from her being damp. And I changed their bedding again so it wouldn’t be damp.  I think eventually we all were too warm and the a/c is running again.

               The little ones MAY be getting a tad bit spoiled.  I was sitting on the couch and didn’t have an appendage in the box with them (usually my hand/arm but occasionally they get a foot) and there was some fussing.  I went to feel them to see which one was unhappy (it was different puppies at different times) and they would stop while I petted them.  At one point I was petting Chipmunk and Turtle as they piled on top of Kodiak.  All 3 seemed to want to be petted.  Turtle actually crawled across my forearm and heaved the dramatic sigh and went to sleep.  TJJ and Tootsie were the first soothed and fastest to sleep.    It’s very endearing but do not worry future owners, I will eventually teach them to self soothe.  They will likely still be loving puppies though.

               Puppy yoga is going easier up until the put them on a wet cloth part.  They are strong enough that they can get up and move off now. Fortunately, they don’t have to be on there long and I’ll just use a bigger one.  At least at this point, I am still smarter than they are.

               They are wishing their Uncle Rowdy a happy tail and good luck in his inaugural conformation show tomorrow.  I am as well.

               There should be new pictures this weekend.   In the meantime, here is a little gratuitous cuteness:

              

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment