Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7, 2014 Pupdate

               Good morning,  good morning the little dogs say.  Or at least that’s what I’m translating it as. They definitely are happy to see SammieDoodlebug in the morning, or whenever she appears.  They seem pretty happy to see humans, too.

               The ‘possible power interruption’ for my area happened pretty promptly at 6 am.  I was preparing  the dogs’ breakfast and it went pitch black.  It’s not really daylight at 6 am so it was pitch black.  Fortunately, I can still function that way – I just don’t like it.  The puppies didn’t mind and eventually the sun came up and the power was restored.  It is amazingly quiet when nothing is running though.

               Shortly thereafter, ‘they’ (not sure exactly who they are) started cutting the trees on the power lines.  From a helicopter.  It took a while for me to find out that’s what they were doing.  (Once I figured out it was a helicopter, I thought it might be the guys that fly around looking for marijuana farms.) There was a lot of helicopter activity for a large chunk of the day.  I wish they waited until the puppies were old enough to be aware of it.  Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll fly around looking for marijuana growers later in the summer (one year they seemed to hover watching us practice water work on the pond.  We were wondering what they were doing and apparently, they were wondering what we were doing, too.  The dogs were completely unaffected.)

               The puppies have spent the day doing what puppies do, eating, sleeping, growing, and learning to make noises.  They are starting to walk around a little and sit up to interact.  Dog Cindi and LeAnne came by today to pick up bitch britches for Aunt B.  I managed to twist their arms to visit the pupsters while they were here.  The pupsters were pretty happy to be cuddled.  Turtle was sitting at the front of the pen and when Cindi put her hand out, Turtle reached forward and rested her head in Cindi’s hand.  They like cuddles which is nice because I like cuddling them.

               I forgot to have them help me hold a weight watchers meeting so I did one myself. I’m not completely certain of the numbers but I am secure enough that even the low versions are nice gains.  Everyone is in the 3 lb range and, of course, T2J is pushing 4.  I have more than 16 1/2 lbs of PWD puppies.  That is 4 times the amount we started with at birth.  I guess that explains what the MamaBug is doing with those 4,200 calories each day.  I better keep supplying them for her.  It’s about time for another meal for her now and I need some more puppy breath before we all go nighty, nighty, nighty…

No comments:

Post a Comment