Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 20, 2014 Pupdate

Have I mentioned that I like these puppies?  It bears repeating.  Not only are they cute, they are pretty sweet, too.  They are definitely into interacting with their environment whether animate or inanimate objects.  They like the vetch piano toy and they expect it to make noise when they do something to it.  If I have it turned off but still in their area and they bother it, they will paw at it, gnaw on it and talk to and about it.  They seem rather indignant if it doesn’t do anything in response.  If it is turned on, they treat the movement, lights and noise as a matter of course. 

              On the not so rare occasions that I venture into the puppy pen, I get the full treatment.  They climb on me, chew on me, wrestle with each other, and occasionally nap on me.  So far, their little teeth aren’t so bad but it’s only a matter of time.  Fortunately, they have siblings to help teach them that teeth are to be used gently and if they don’t listen to each other, the Mamas will intervene.

              They are very good at eating the puppy gruel, maybe that’s why SammieDoodlebug hurled for them this afternoon.  So now I need her to see me feed them a few times each day or re-feed her after she supplements their diet.  At least Jill didn’t go feed them, too.

              They spend more and more time awake but still take a lot of cat naps and a few big sleeps each day.  A few times today, they surprised me by waking up when I came into the room when I thought they were asleep.  They’d play and wrestle and eventually go back to sleep.  Occasionally, the last one going to sleep will fuss a little but usually joins a pile of sleeping puppies and goes to sleep too.  They don’t always all sleep together but it is not always the same one sleeping alone.  And the one sleeping isn’t because the others move away.  I haven’t figured out what the pattern is or if there is one other than the last puppy awake joins a pile as opposed to sleeping alone.

              They are awake again right now, I think I’ll go do a little cuddling before it’s time for everyone to go nighty, nighty, nighty…         

No comments:

Post a Comment