Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 12, 2014 Pupdate

               Good morning, good morning the little dogs say!  They were actually eating when I came in to feed the big dogs this morning so they didn’t tell me good morning right then.  But when they are not eating and they see/hear me they come running.  They don’t exactly run but they move fast on 4 feet toward me.  It’s AWFULLY endearing!

               They are also starting to use their front paws when they are playing.  When they are wrestling and mouthing another puppy, they use their front paws.  They are starting to look more and more like little dogs.  And they make more and more noises like little dogs.  They bark and they growl when they are playing and they bark when they want something.

               Sometimes, they want to be held while they go to sleep, sometimes they just want to crawl up into my lap.  They still fall asleep in what would otherwise appear to be the middle of doing something.  That stage will probably last quite a while yet but it’s still pretty funny.

               I THINK every one of them can nurse when they Mama is standing up.  It seems rather early for that but apparently nobody told them they aren’t old enough to do that yet.

               They nurse with great gusto and are quite noisy about it, too.  They aren’t as loud as the last litter but that’s probably because there are half as many of them.  I’m still waiting for them to need to start eating.  I haven’t made any formula for them, they are getting plenty from the Mama but soon they’ll be ready to start using those teeth. They are working on getting those teeth through their gums and working on strengthening their jaws.  As with most things they do, it’s very cute when they are chewing on me.  Often it tickles but they occasionally get a good grip on something (my finger, my sleeve, my shorts) and really try to chew/pull.  And occasionally that is accompanied by a growly noise.  Kodiak was tugging with my shirt tail and growling while I was on the phone with the Daddy’s owner tonight. It was loud enough that she could hear him over the phone when I held it out, too.  They are going to be something.

               They were pretty well behaved when I was on the phone for my training club meeting this evening.  Fortunately they were sleeping during that time, otherwise I’d have had a lot of trouble hearing the meeting.

               Speaking of sleeping, it’s about time to fix 4th meal and sing the 3 songs - I have started singing Jack’s lullabyes to them when they need to go to sleep.  I find a routine makes it easier, I’m not certain if the other owners sing the 3 songs (or even know Byo Baby Bunting) but I’m pretty sure Nighty, nighty, nighty has been used.  I use it when any of them are here and they still remember it.  So I’m going to say it now and go sniff some puppy breath.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment