Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014 5 Weeks Old!

The MamaBug was awake early this morning and so were the puppies.  Just as well, since Dr. Summerfield was coming to see them at 7:30 this morning.  The puppies were having one of their big naps when she was here so they accepted it more as a cuddle but Turtle actually squeaked.  I would’ve expected Kodiak to be the one to make a noise but since he was being held, he didn’t.

              We did not get to have a photo shoot this weekend.  Colleen didn’t bring her good camera Saturday and then ended up not coming on Sunday after the show/trial. Maybe she’s hoping I’ll forget that she has my scrubs ;-) 

The MSU pressure washed the carpet on the deck this morning and we put the outdoor play equipment there.  It was a nice warm sunny day so they went outside for a picnic.  While they were out there, I rebuilt their inside enclosure.  They seemed to like having extra space and gamboled around a lot.  I was kind of hot but the carpet was still wet from the pressure washing so they stayed damp and cool.  I started outside with them to make sure they were ok and their Mama stayed with them the whole time.  The Mama’s mama went in and out and supervised as well.  After I finished the pen, I sat outside with them a little more but as they were getting sleepy, I brought them back inside.  We’ll spend more and more time outside and have some adventures out there.  Today, they just checked out the wide open space and the playhouse.  And of course, my stool.  So far they just crawled under it but if I leave it out there with them, someone will be on it soon.  I put a dry rug in the playhouse for them so they didn’t have to be on wet carpet but they didn’t seem bothered by it.  If it doesn’t rain, it should be dry tomorrow.  I wonder how long it will take them to discover my pots of mint, lavender and lemongrass.  None of it will hurt them but hopefully, there is enough plant matter in the pots to keep them from getting into the dirt.  If not, they can always have another bath.  We give a lot of baths around here ;-)

              They’ve had a few more sessions of play, some naps and general puppy cuteness.  I took a short nap on the couch beside them.  Eventually, Jack gave up and napped with me and then SammieDoodlebug  hopped up to use me as mattress.  Jill took up a position beside me in the floor. 

              Turtle is trying to become a snapping Turtle.  She was biting T2J’s hair/back and he was moving away but she didn’t let go of him.  They all think that Jack is playing with them – or at the very least they are playing with Jack.  They don’t just wait for his toy, they play bow and try to pounce.  Which is pretty funny considering they are on the other side of the ex pen and Jack does NOT go in with the puppies.

              Against all odds, they have gotten even cuter.  I keep saying they are as cute as they can be and then they turn around and get cuter.  That will keep them alive later ;-)  I’m going to go soak up a little more puppy breath and prepare everyone for nighty, nighty, nighty…

No comments:

Post a Comment