Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 8-9, 2014 Pupdate

               The puppies are growing, growing, growing.  Yesterday got away from me and I didn’t get the post written so today will have to be for both days.

               They are starting to really and truly walk around like little dogs.  They are slower about it but they are deliberate.  Sometimes, when they are sleeping they just crawl/roll but they get up and go on walkabout, too.  They are also starting to sit.

               If you hold your hand out, there will be a puppy chin resting in it in just a few moments,  that must run in our lines because I’ve spent a lot of time holding up heads over the years ;-)  It’s really sweet. But there isn’t much they do that isn’t sweet at least in my opinion.

               They are working on teeth.  Part of working on those teeth is mouthing what ever they come in contact with but since there is only the slightest eruption of a tooth, it’s not painful at all.  In a few weeks, they’ll be learning to control that mouthful of needle teeth.  I’ll be there to remind teeth are for toys and the Mama and Siblings will be teaching bite inhibition.  They are growing up too fast!  There are occasions when they are playing with one another.  It’s Hungry, Hungry Hippo and a little bitey games but they are definitely intentionally interacting with other puppies.  So VERY cute!

               I put the cat collars on them today for their photo shoot and to help the Village id puppies from a distance.  They’ve been streaking for several days so I had to significantly loosen every collar to fasten it.  T2J

               They are very proud of their siblings this weekend.  James Bond (TJ from the last litter) made his agility debut and got a leg and a placement in Novice Standard and Jumpers With Weaves (with a happy tail which is my main concern in anything the puppies do) yesterday.  And Mila (the Lemon/Lime curly girly) is now an Apprentice Water Dog! (Mila’s housemate Fergie passed Courier, too so Tamara had a good day, too!)

               Still not stinky puppies at all so no baths yet.  We’ve cuddled them anyway, just not in towels ;-)

               Whiskers are starting to be noticeable on their little muzzles.  I’m anxious to shave their butts but not their muzzles yet.  I like the fuzzy puppy face complete with whiskers while they are little.  I do not care for long hair on muzzles on the adult PWDs, I think it is way too messy but I love the little puppy whiskers.

               It’s not quite nighty, nighty, nighty time yet but I am going to post this now anyway.  If anything exciting happens,  I’ll update.

No comments:

Post a Comment