Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014 Pupdate

Another day in the puppy pile is drawing to an end.  We started the morning with some cuddles for the pupsters and bites for the dogs with teeth.  Since I fed the old dogs at 2:30 am, I didn’t have to get the morning snack ready so early.  I was awake before dawn again but I spent the time cuddling puppies individually in my bed.  I think it was time well spent.  They didn’t seem to mind either.

               Today the steam mop died.  Apparently, it is the switch but I think it’s been going bad for a while and I just thought I hadn’t turned it on yet.  That lack of vision thing means I often can’t discern whether or not the “on” light is actually lit but I just assumed it was user error.  I discovered the problem AFTER I had moved the furniture and sprayed the cleaner on the floor.  I had to do that section on my hands and knees and then I gave up for today.  I had tentative plans to get the floor ready to put down the next stage of puppy pen. If they hadn’t been tentative before, they certainly became that way after that turn of events.  The worst part of it is, the clean part is the part nobody sees unless they go over to the door and that’s past the puppies so who would ever go there?  It will be a days before the MSU can fix it so I guess I’ll dig out the big Oreck steamer.  In some ways I like it better but it is a LOT louder (which doesn’t bother the dogs but bothers ME.  One of the many ways they are better adjusted than I.)

               Dog Cindi (has Uncle Indy and Aunt B) and LeAnne (has sibling Caly, fka Turtle) came over this morning and traded me much needed supplies (eggs, yogurt, Chic Fil A, - you know, necessities) for puppy cuddles.  We held a weight watchers meeting and other than a momentary panic when it kept reporting that Kodiak had lost a bunch of weight (I recovered quickly because if he was losing weight, his collar wouldn’t have needed adjusting), we got weights on everyone.  Every puppy weighs 2 or more lbs.  TJJ is closing in on 3.  Total lbs of puppy goodness: 11.4 (that is 275% of our starting amount for those of you interested in such things.)

               During cuddle time, they were looking at their eyes to see if they are progressing toward opening.  Turtle and T2J appear to be starting to work on it.  LeAnne was convinced that T2J was going to open one of his eyes any minute.  He was pretending to be brown (his eyes aren’t open yet, maybe he doesn’t realize he is black) and melting back in her hands.

               The brown puppies are either taking longer or it’s harder to see.  Although if they are anything like their Aunt B, they’ll close their eyes every time someone touches them anyway ;-)

               Some(little)one is barking.  And alternating that with trilling.  Guess that one is a real PWD ;-) 

              

Just so you know it’s really me writing this, these puppies are awfully cute!  I think that’s fairly unanimously accepted to be fact.  They are also getting pretty mobile. T2J and Turtle were both trying to nurse while the MamaBug was in the box cleaning up the other puppies.  They would use either her front or back leg to climb/prop up but before they could get latched on, she’d move on to another “filthy” puppy ;-)

               No one cuddled wet puppies today because they aren’t dirty or stinky.  The MamaBug is taking more of her meals out of the pool so less chances for them to get stinky, too.  That’s a good thing but I am already getting the itch to groom them.  So is LeAnne, she was talking about their little muzzles being ready to shave.  Except if we do that, we won’t get to feel whiskers so we will wait.  They will be in little lion butts though.  That’s one of the few ways to make them even cuter.

               I have the a/c off and the doors open after another big storm this afternoon.    This storm disrupted my much needed and very nice nap in the real bed.  (Since the MSU has been working this week, I’ve been the one sleeping by the puppy box.  I scheduled nap time for me both afternoons this weekend.  He’s in charge of puppy watch during while I sleep.)  My phone went off a couple of hours into my nap warning me about some kind of weather.  It turned out to be high wind related.  It brought the temperature outside way down afterward.  It was a rather nice day until then, I think.  It seemed like it when I was washing the deck and rocks in the dog yard.  But now, it’s still rather muggy or dewy or something (that wet feeling you get when camping)  so I’ll be switching to a/c again soon for sleeping.

               First there is puppy yoga and a meal for the old dogs.  And then prepping the midnight snack so all I have to do is give it to her in the middle of the night.  After that it will be nighty, nighty, nighty by the whelping pool tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment