Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 21, 2014 Pupdate

              Happy Birthday to their human Aunt Sara!  There is a person on the ‘New people after 4 weeks list’ now.  They were fairly well behaved for little monsters ;-)

              They are getting really good at eating from the saucer.  Nobody has fallen in today but there have been some misplaced feet but the Mama or other puppies are happy to help clean that up.   We’ll have one more feeding frenzy tonight before nighty, nighty, nighty time.  Maybe I’ll let Dog Cindi put the dish in for them this time.  Then she can be the favorite ;-)

              I changed the linens with them in the pen today.  They were very helpful, just like big water dogs are.  2 of them kept lying across the back of my legs as I knelt to work with the pads and fleece and fleecy bedding.  I’m not at all certain it was the same 2 each time as I was a little distracted.  I don’t think that is the way to go for the future.

              The predicted storms today were rather a bust as far as “things of interest to puppies” go.  It poured the rain but not much in the way of wind or thunder/lightning.  Oh well, they have weeks before they leave.

              Dog Cindi did a weigh in while they were mostly sleeping.  I think they woke up a little but then went  right back to sleep when she put them in the pen.  They have indeed grown.  We have 29 total lbs of puppies.  That is almost 25 lbs more than we had when they were born and an average weight of 5.8 lbs.  Chipmunk (Pink) is the smallest at a ‘delicate’ 5.2 lbs; Turtle (Red) is 5.4; Tootsie (Purple) is 5.6; Kodiak (Blue) is 5.8; and T2J (Green) is an even 7lbs.  They are also growing lots of hair.  We may lionize their rears this weekend and trim around the corners of their eyes.  I’m not quite ready to shave muzzles, I’m enjoying the little whiskers.

              They had a sustained burst of playtime this evening.  They were at each other, the toys, each other over the toys, the food bowl, Cindi, the potty pad, pretty much everything they could.  They are starting to really paw at things now, too.  And they continue to vocalize while they play.  As you might have guessed, they are really cute.

              Caly and Jack are insistent on helping me type this which is not as helpful as you might think so I think I’ll wrap this up for tonight.  We have another big day tomorrow so we’ll have a cuddle and a snack and say Good Night Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment